Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDMC with time limits and dimming

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me with this. I want to "convert" the events shown in the screen shot but dont know where to start. Have looked at BLradar help file but wouldn't know how to "put it all together"

UDMC looks so much neater.

P.s The need for writing this is simple, I am currently in the doghouse for getting up very early Sunday morning and bedroom lights coming on (wife NOT impressed .

Cannot get the events to adhere to the set conditions so time to convert to UDMC me thinks. Help

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Steve

Why is t that u want to dim light 50% before turning it off?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hi Rotech

The reason is that it's a bedside lamp, bit harsh going from 100% to 0%. 50% then dim to off is much more ambient friendly

I have tried all sorts of combinations to get this to work properly over the last couple of months and have basically given up. UMDC looks much more professional.

Steve
      Last edited by Stevieboy; August 12, 2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
        Hi Rotech

The reason is that it's a bedside lamp, bit harsh going from 100% to 0%. 50% then dim to off is much more ambient friendly

I have tried all sorts of combinations to get this to work properly over the last couple of months and have basically given up. UMDC looks much more professional.

Steve
        So you want to turn on lamp when sensor see movement.....all the time with in that time?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          So you want to turn on lamp when sensor see movement.....all the time with in that time?
          This is the scenario.

The X10 motion sensor is on the stairs, when I walk past this, it will switch the light on in the bedroom to 100%, so only just needs the trigger "once" command. I then tuck myself into bed and the lamp would then dim to say 50% after five mins. Then after another 5 mins it would then dim to off.

This event would onlly trigger at night (say between 8 - 11 PM) as dont want to go upstairs in the middle of the day and the lamp comes on.

Ideal trigger would be after sunset of course and then say before 11PM

I have tried all sorts of combinations but cannot get it to adhere to the set conditions.

I have also had the light being re triggered even in the middle of the day, even with set conditions

I have used HS now for about three months now and cant seem to this simple event to run correctly Help appreciated.

Cheers
          Steve

Comment

Is your OS time and date ok? R you using the 24hr format?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I have changed from 24hr to 12 but still have the same issues, Any other suggestions ?
              Steve

Comment

Try not using BLradar and using the x10 trigger for your sensor to see if it works. Select x10 in the trigger screen then select the Motion sensor. This way we will no if it's not HS.
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                X