Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UDMC XML or VB?

Blade,

I have been using BLRadar for a while. I know at some point you converted UDMC from a script file to XML. I had some weird things happening lately and I am a bit confused on how BLRadar functions. Let me explain.

A few months ago I was troubleshooting a motion sensor in my garage. I put in UDMC that did a simple hs.speak command to say "Garage Motion" when the motion sensor turned on. A while back I deleted the UDMC code. However, HomeSeer was still saying "Garage Motion" when the motion sensor was tripped. I finally spent the time today to see what was going on. Looked in the UDMC in the plugin for the device and didn't see any code. Opened the hspi_BLRadar_udmc.xml file in the \config directory and again, no such code. I went into the \BLRadar subdirectory under my \scripts directory, and found the BLRadar_MotionSensorXXXXOn.vb file associated with the device and low and behold the hs.speak "Garage Motion" code was in there. I thought the files in this subdirectory were backups of the old code before BLRadar was coverted to XML but I am now guessing that I am wrong.

Just for my reference, what is the difference between what is in the xml file and the .vb files under scripts? Why is the UDMC in both places and is there a way I can re-sync so I don't have other issues (i.e. if I delete the .vb files will the be recreated when I initialize the plugin).

Thanks in advance for the help.

The XML file is used to store the code you enter on the web page. The.vb file is the actual script that executes. If you changed the code and the XML file updated then the .vb should have gotten recreated.
    Can you log a help desk ticket on this on my site?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
    X