Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two icons for the Same device can it be changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question, if you see screen shot you have 2 icons for the M.sensors, 1 from Blradar and the one that HS adds, I tried changing the bulb to a different icon for purposes of my floor plan but it doesn't change.Is there any way I can change the Icon?
    Attached Files
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Yes I am seeing this too. HS seems to be adding the lightbulb and I have no idea why it is doing it. I am working with Rich on this. Still working on this one.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thks Bob.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Blade,

Any update on this? I too see 2 icons per device. The funny thing is other plugins do not seem to have this problem.

Comment

Most users are using the conversion process in BLRadar to import their sensors from HS2.
          I suggest you do the same and start fresh
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I do not have a HS2 setup or config files. I started this setup from scratch in a new house with new hardware. The answer you gave me does not sound like a good answer to a known problem. Please work with me on this. I did purchase your plugins twice! I would love to help you fix the problem instead of a "work around"

Comment

BTW I did start fresh and added all the sensors in BLRadar twice!

Comment

Did you use the sensor conversion in BLRadar?
                I used it and mine work fine. Others have let me know it worked too
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Are you saying to use the convert tool in HS3 BLRadar to convert the existing HS3 Config file?

Comment

Yes there is a conversion tool in BLRadar for HS3
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Blade,

Why such the "short answers" your customer service sucks when answering questions. I know there is a convert tool in your plugin. Let me rephrase the question... Can I use your HS2 to HS3 converter to convert an existing HS3 config file. I would like to know this so I will be prepared for any surprises.

Comment

Sorry if the answers seem vague. I have had a lot going on this weekend. Daughter in a car accident on Friday and I took a nasty spill on the ice today. Not a good day so I am not in the best of moods. I probably should just not have looked at the forums today.

The conversion tool in BLRadar is for converting your BLRadar HS2 file to BLRadar in HS3.
                        I have not had anyone report any issues with the conversion using your HS2 ini and UDMC xml file.

You need to make sure to delete all devices in HS3 and delete your hspi_BLRadar.ini in HS4 before running the conversion.
                        It should work and create devices for all sensors.
                        If it does not then let me know. Other users as well as I were seeing the duplicate images but I thought I nailed it a while back and got it fixed. Also make sure you are running the latest HS3 as well. HS3 .44 seems pretty solid so far.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                          Blade,
                          your customer service sucks when answering questions
                          Do you really think this or are you frustrated?
                          I think I do a decent job here supporting as many plugins as I have for HS2 and HS3.
                          I would appreciate others responding to this and tell me if my answers suck when answering questions. If they do then I guess I have to work on that.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Blade,

Sorry for your bad week. I too have those sometimes. I known and supported your plug-ins back when you where banned form this board. I think you are a talented and gifted programmer. However, with that said, it is my opinion that you assume that your plug-ins are self explanatory and your documentation covers the rest. I know a couple of people that use and like your plug-ins and share some of the same thoughts as me. Your support is outstanding and OMG the feature requests and even creating plug-ins for someone with an idea is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I know! You wrote BLSPEECH for me in the day! I did get frustrated because I did not think you were really reading my plea for help but just punching the ticket out per say. I think a lot of us are all under some stress and frustration here on this board. Just look through the messages. HS3, plugins, hardware, betas, spending more money on thing just to MAKE IT WORK! Even repurchasing plug-ins that we had before. This use to be a hobby and putting money into it was fun and even cheap to a point. But, now you have to spend hundreds of dollars just to stay in the game. Don't get me wrong I do believe in paying to support the authors but when the price double/triples.... I think the documentation and support should increase as well. In the end Blade I support you and all the other talented programmer and apologize for taking out my frustrations on you publicly.

Comment

Updating documentation is on my list to update. Believe me I know it needs updating but I have been working on fixing HS3 plugins for quite some time now as well as writing others for people who used plugins in HS2 that are no longer supported.

I have to charge for the plugin upgrades as it takes a considerable amount of my time to update all of the plugins I have and add new features for people. I spend way too much time working on these plugins (just ask my wife) and one of these days it will come to an end or I will get tired of doing it. I do love doing the plugins. If I did not like it I would have given it up a long time ago. I really do like contributing to this hobby but unfortunately not all of my plugins can be free. The old days of the $9.99 plugins is gone because now some of the money goes to HST (which is a good thing because without them we would not have the great product which I promote a lot to people when they ask me about home automation). I am glad I came back to the HST store. I think it is good for everyone.

I think users on here will agree that I provide very good support (the best I can) of my plugins. I am only 1 person and do have a life outside of this (I know some days it does not feel like it)

When someone posts something like that it really does hurt my feelings as I think I work on this stuff more than I work at my daily job. I am probably working on plugins until 9 PM or even 10 PM on some nights. I have even updated plugins using my phone and put out a new build to fix an issue.

I will be going on vacation at the end of this week for a few weeks but I will make documentation top priority once I get back.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X