BLRadar For HS3 - Cannot Change To On or Off And Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRadar For HS3 - Cannot Change To On or Off And Trigger

I manually create a device with a code, say B1 and do not set any special options. This Test Device now has On and Off controls.

I then create a Motion Sensor in HS3 BLRadar for this new Test Device. Once I do that the status changes to the "No Echo (X Days, X Hours, X Min, X Sec)" Status..

The problem is this... Even when I trigger the device now with the On or Off Control as a test, the Status String and Icon of the Test Device does not change as it should through BLRadar.

I look in the Logs and it does show that when I use the On and Off controls the value does change for the Test Device, but it seems like BLRadar does not register this simple change. What am I missing here?

Marcus

I can say blradar does work as I depend on it here. However I have never tried what your doing, I create my devices as status only and let whatever other mechanism change the status. It's quite possible it just it doesn't work with a local device change as your trying.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Would you please try to replicate my scenario? The reason I am trying this is because the HS3 BLRadar does not seem to be working for me at all. It does not work for motion or door sensor. That is why I am doing this basic test.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Your getting further then me, I can't get a new device to convert to a Blradar device when I add it. Funny thing is it was working several days ago. I will submit a ticket for this.

Comment

I see there is a new version (2.0.50.0) today. Will try that and let you know. Please let me know the ticket so that I can follow.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

I don't think you can see my tickets. But that is the version I just tried and it won't convert the device from what I'm seeing

Comment

Well hold on, mine converted, maybe there is a delay. But I can confirm that toggling the on off buttons do nothing.

Comment

Ok, looks like I had some lag time before the devicestring updated, but it eventually did. The local buttons do nothing. I did send a x10 on and off and it did update as it should have. Now depending on what's updating the device, such as another plugin, msybe it isn't a true on off. For example for my motion sensor from my elk alarm, I had to specify the on / off values.

Comment

OK. I am using a X10 with A1 On/Off. When I press A1 On on my keypad I can see it changes to On and when I press Off, I see it changes to Off. I see that the last update also changes, but the status does not.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the status only device does not change at all ...

Comment

Turn on debug logging in the plugin on the options page. Capture the issue of it not updating, then disable debug logging.

Open a help desk ticket on my web site and attach the BLRadar-Detailed.log file to the ticket zipped up. The log will be located in your HS root folder
                      Remember to zip it first before attaching it.

I will then have a look tonight when I get home.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks. Will do over the weekend. I see there is a new version today. I will try that first.

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

OK. Ticket was opened. I have spent several hours on this so far no luck ...

Comment

Followed procedure below from Blade and used BLRF 2.0.28.0 fixed the issue. Now, I am using a status only device as I was in HS2. Thanks! You Rock!

Were you running BLRadar in HS2?
                            If so please try the following. This worked for another user

1. Delete all BLRadar devices in HS3
                            2. Shutdown HS3
                            3. Delete hspi_BLRadar.ini file in your config folder for HS3
                            4. Restart HS3
                            5. There should be no sensors in BLRadar
                            6. Make sure you are running the latest BLRadar in HS3
                            7. You will see a Tools menu as part of the BLRadar menu
                            8. In the tools menu is the conversion
                            9. You will be prompted for the location of your HS2 BLRadar ini file and UDMC code xml file.
                            10. Run the conversion. It will import all sensors from HS2 into HS3 and create the devices

Comment

I have attempted to fix BLRadar to make this much easier for everyone.

Please see HERE
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X