Virtual Device Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device Behavior

I am trying to migrate my HS2 DM install to HS3 with BLRadar.

One of the last pieces I am having trouble with is virtual devices, I have an Insteon IOLinc that works as a contact switch that lets me know if the garage door is open or closed. With DM I set up the IOLinc as trigger for another device and it works perfectly. The other device always shows if the door is open or closed properly.

So I am trying to do the same with BLRadar. BLRadar works a little differently, so I set up a new motion sensor and choose the IOLinc as the device and add the reference code of a manually created device as the virtual device.

So then everything works great, the manually created device shows the correct status, time elapsed and I can trigger events from it. But for some reason BLRadar takes over the IOLinc, and on the next boot of HS3, the Insteon plugin thinks the device has been deleted and creates a new IOLinc, and no longer reports changes to the IOLinc that BLRadar is using.

Is there some way to create a virtual device that doesn't touch the original device that is triggering the virtual?

Many thanks for some great plugins BTW!

Once you assign it to BLRadar on the same web page or the edit page you can assign a virtual device code or reference. Once you do that then any device changes will happen on the virtual device and not the original device

Make sure to create the virtual device in HS3 first before assigning it to the sensor.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

So I just did that.

Assigned the IOLinc to the device, and the manually created device to the Virtual.

Checked the IOLinc and BLRadar had taken control of it.

Before setting up it up.

after setting it up

How it is set up in BLRadar

I am adding the device and the virtual at the same time in BLRadar, let me know what I am doing wrong.

Comment

Are you saying that BLRadar is taking ownership of the original device?
        It does make the interface = BLRadar when you assign it to the plugin.
        Let me know if that is what you are seeing
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

That is what I think I am seeing. The device works until HS3 is restarted, then the ISY plugin thinks the IOLinc is no longer there and recreates it. From that point on, no updates go to the BLRadar IOLinc device, but to the newly created ISY IOLinc device.

Comment

OK let me see what I can do
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.54 in the HS3 updater and let me know
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

That did it! The IOLinc is not recreated with a HS3 restart.

The only thing that is now happening with that Virtual Device, is the Virtual device is not staying in the same state (the same state as the device IOLinc) it was when I restart HS3.

eg. The garage door is closed. On restart the virtual device changes it's state to open, although the actual device state is unchanged at closed. But once it receives a change from the actual device it goes back to what it should be.

I am using value triggered options for this device, ON=0 OFF=255. Maybe when the plugin is initializing it is not reading the value correctly?

Comment

Can you log a help desk ticket on my site for this one.
                  Attach a debug log to the ticket zipped if you have it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Done.

Comment

Working...
                    X