BLRadar v2.x UDMC oddity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRadar v2.x UDMC oddity?

I've migrated over from DooMotion and now have everything working in BLRadar. Thank you Bob for creating this plugin and for your awesome support!

I have noticed that UDMC is stored in two places; a .XML file that contains all of the UDMC (and custom functions), and individual .VB files in the Scripts\BLRadar directory. I have discovered that when editing UDMC the .VB files are not updated unless I stop HomeSeer, delete the .VB files and then restart HS. Unfortunately, this makes for a very painful debugging process when writing or editing UDMC as a restart of HS is required for each iteration of code.

This behavior seems odd to me and leaves me wondering if I'm missing something...
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

I have not seen that here. Very odd

The new UDMC changes will not get written to the individual .vb script files until the sensor is tripped the next time.

Log a ticket on my site for this and capture a debug log of this happening. Attach the log to the ticket so I can see what is happening.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sorry about that, it seems the oddity is with me - I completely forgot that the .VB code is saved/updated when a sensor is triggered, not when the UDMC is saved.

The issue came up when I changed the addresses of a couple of sensors in HS and then went to change the UDMC. While the address changes were displayed correctly in BLRadar, the underlying code was still using the original addresses (from .ini & .xml) and when the sensors at the new addresses were triggered the .vb files for the new addresses did not appear, unless I restarted HS.

After manually editing the .ini & .xml files to change the device addresses to the new ones (and restarting HS) things began to work normally, and I mistakenly assumed that I needed to restart HS for the code to get updated.

Again, sorry for the distraction.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

No problem. Just wanted to make sure it is working.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X