MS10a motion sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS10a motion sensors

I am trying to get MS10a motion sensors working in BlRadar as I moved houses and setup a new homeseer instance that used to use DooMotion. For these motion sensors it doesn't appear to change the motion status to on each time. It appears to not log an event every time motion is sensed. I need to act on an event each time motion is detected but something does not seem correct in trying to get these setup.

If I turn on debug logging for the motion sensor I can see in the logs that Homeseer is receiving the motion events from the sensor but BLRadar does not act the same as Doomotion did.

What I am trying to do is to setup a motion sensor to dim a light up to 100% whenever motion is detected and 5 minutes later if no motion is detected then dim it back down to 30%. Doomotion did this without any issues but i cannot get this to work in BLRadar for whatever reason

Has anyone successfully setup a MS10A motion sensor with BLRadar?
    Last edited by mlagase; February 15, 2014, 09:34 AM.

Update: I am using ACRF plugin for these MS10A devices and what I just found was an option or setting for the sensor in ACRF plugin to change the operating mode from Full Function to X10 On/Off Only. In doing so I can successfully get BLRadar to switch the device to On once motion is received and then let the recovery happen in a minute (test setting). MS10A devices don't send off commands so I have to use recovery for this.

I am going to give some events a whirl now since I can at least see the statuses changing and see where that takes me.

In further testing another on command sent by the motion device does not update BLRadar status of the motion sensor. It appears that BLRadar works totally off of "Off" commands being sent from motion devices which should not be the case for these devices. Every motion received should update BLRadar with the most recent on command sent from the motion sensor. Is there any way around this?

Comment

Working...
    X