Z-Wave Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Motion Sensor

I have an occupancy zone that is triggered by an x10 motion sensor and a z-wave motion senor. It appears that only the x-10 motion sensor is triggering the occupancy zone.

If I do a sensor report in BLRadar it does not seem to log the z-wave motion sensor.

12/17/2014 6:52:24 AM 107 Living Room Living Room Occupancy ACTIVE ZONE ON
    12/17/2014 6:52:23 AM 106 Hall Main Floor Occupancy ACTIVE ZONE ON
    12/17/2014 6:52:23 AM B3 Living Room Motion Sensor ECHO
    12/17/2014 6:45:42 AM E2 West Side Yard Dusk/Dawn Sensor DUSK/DAWN - Dark
    12/17/2014 6:45:41 AM 108 Outside Outside Occupancy ACTIVE ZONE OFF
    12/17/2014 6:36:27 AM E2 West Side Yard Dusk/Dawn Sensor DUSK/DAWN - Light
    12/17/2014 6:35:40 AM C3 Driveway Front Motion Sensor NO ECHO
    12/17/2014 6:34:36 AM 108 Outside Outside Occupancy ACTIVE ZONE ON

If I look in the HS log the "Device: Main Floor Hall Motion Sensor " which is the z-wave sensor should have triggered the "Hall Main Floor Occupancy " zone before the "B3 (Living Room Motion Sensor)"

Dec-17 6:52:23 AM ACTIVE ZONE Hall Main Floor Occupancy has changed to Active Zone On, Active Zone Off (7 hrs, 3 mins, 43 secs)

Dec-17 6:52:23 AM ECHO Echo for Living Room Motion Sensor, No Echo (7 hrs, 33 mins, 43 secs)

Dec-17 6:52:23 AM BLRF X10 Received B3 (Living Room Motion Sensor) ON

Dec-17 6:52:21 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Hall Motion Sensor Set to Off/Closed/No Motion

Dec-17 6:52:16 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Hall Motion Sensor Set to On/Open/Motion

Dec-17 6:49:12 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Hall Motion Sensor Set to Off/Closed/No Motion

Dec-17 6:49:07 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Hall Motion Sensor Set to On/Open/Motion

Dec-17 6:45:58 AM Event Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Update_Furnace_Time.vb

Dec-17 6:45:58 AM Event Event Trigger "HVAC Funace Turned OFf"

Dec-17 6:45:42 AM DUSK/DAWN Dark for West Side Yard Dusk/Dawn Sensor, Light (9 mins, 14 secs)

Dec-17 6:45:42 AM BLRF X10 Received E2 (West Side Yard Dusk/Dawn Sensor) ON

Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks;
    Paul

Have you set up the ZWave motion sensor to be Value Triggered? Normally these works differently from the X10 sensors in that ON=255 and OFF=0 so you need to set this up on the sensor page.
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      Have you set up the ZWave motion sensor to be Value Triggered? Normally these works differently from the X10 sensors in that ON=255 and OFF=0 so you need to set this up on the sensor page.
      NicolaiL:

That was it, thank you for your help. Once I made the z-wave motion sensor Value Triggered BLRadar started logging that sensor and it triggered the occupancy sensor perfectly.

Comment

Blade:

Just wondering if anything has been changed in the last release. I can't get the ZWave motion sensor to trigger Occupancy again.
        The Zwave motion sensor is set to trigger on value on=255, off=0

Thanks;

Comment

Nope nothing has changed that would cause this. If zwave sensors were not triggering I would have heard because I know a lot use them in the plugin
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade, thanks for the info
            Not sure what us happening then, I have removed the sensor and occupancy sensor from the plugin. I also removed the occupancy sensor from HS. Then I recreated everything.
            I can see the motion senor is triggering put never the connected occupancy sensor.
            Any ideas on what to look at would be appreciated.

Thanks;
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X