How to Use Motion Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Use Motion Devices?

I am having some difficulty with the motion devices I have defined.

I am using the latest version of HS3, the BLRadar plugin and the Insteon plugin. I have a number of Insteon motion detectors and these are working well. I have defined them as sensors in the BLRadar PI and the PI recognizes them and registers activity.

I have also defined a number of virtual motion devices using the BLRadar PI. The plugin shows these devices and there status updates regularly with strings like No Movement Detected (1 days, 3 hrs, 17 mins, 2 secs). However, the device status never seems to indicate anything other than No Movement, even though the individual sensors defined in the motion device, register motion.

For the individual sensors I have checked Value Triggered Device Options and provided values of 0 and 100 which correspond to the Value Pair in my Insteon devices.

In the PI options page I have Not checked this option. (Although frankly I'm not sure I understand it's function) And I also don't understand how the value of "number of seconds between sensor activity to trigger movement" is used - does this mean the second sensor must sense movement BEFORE xx seconds elapses? Or does it mean that xx seconds must pass before the second sensor registers activity.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and possibly it's quite simple. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, can I define open-close sensors like they were motion detectors? Reason is Id like to track motion from one door to another.

Thanks so much for any help.

You may have to use the value triggered option for the sensor and specify the value for ON and OFF
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I do have Value Triggered Device Options checked and an On Value of 100 and Off value of 0 specified (these correspond to the Insteon Motion Detector values).

Attached is an image of the sensor configuration page.

Have I configured everything correctly?
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks good.
        Turn on debug logging in the plugin on the options page, then capture motion from the sensor, then turn off debug logging and attach the BLRadar-Detailed.log file zipped
        It is in your HS3 root folder
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Here is the debug log.

John
          Attached Files

Comment

I do not see device reference 662 in the log
            HS3 did not send a value change for ref 662 to the plugin
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Bob,

662 is in the device list and is working (although it is in an out of way location and rarely gets triggered).

For the attached Debug Log I have moved between sensor refs 79 and 87. Both sensor value changes were detected in HSTouch so I know that HS3 is reporting them.

In examining the detailed log I did notice something which I don't understand.

In the Sensor Details of 79 it shows:
              FirstOn: 2/17/2015 7:33:33 AM
              LastOn: 2/17/2015 7:33:33 AM
              LastOff: 2/17/2015 7:36:53 AM
              RetriggerOn: 2/5/2015 4:48:43 PM

The RetriggerOn time is a date PRIOR to the LastOn/LastOff times. Maybe I have something set in the sensor config that is causing this? Or is something broken? The attached image shows my configuration in which I have left the value for Number of minutes sensor must be off before a re-trigger to zero. (I don't understand why this field exists twice on the configuration page).

Again, thanks for your help and patience.

John
              Attached Files

Comment

If device ref 79 is a zwave device I would not recommend having BLRadar change the device strings. I would create a virtual device for it and assign the virtual device ref to the sensor and have all changes go to the virtual device instead of the zwave device.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Bob,

It is actually an Insteon Device.

I have been testing the BLRadar plugin because I liked the idea of the Movement Devices and because I will be using BLSecurity and figured it would integrate nicely. I do like BLSecurity but am not sure the BLRadar will offer me any advantage. I created some virtual devices and some events that track movement from one motion sensor to another quite easily and these seem to workout. I know they will not be as sophisticated as what you have designed, but they may very well do the job.

Thanks a bunch for your replies and suggestions.

john

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issues with the movement devices.
                    Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X