Motion sensor not triggering device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor not triggering device

I knowing I am doing something stupid! I have just switched over to HS3. I tried setting up my motion sensors (zwave) to turn on a device (zwave) when motion detected. I think I am setting them up the same as HS2\BLRadar but I not getting the event to trigger and I am showing motion on the sensor. I have attached images of the setup of the event and the motion sensor setup in BLRadar. Can anyone let me know what I am forgetting?

Thanks Mike
    Attached Files

How do you have the sensor setup in BLRadar.
    I think the zwave sensors reply on a value change. You can set the sensor in BLRadar as value triggered and then specify the on and off values to trigger

There is an option in the newest BLRadar to resize the height and width of the icons.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade:

I appreciate the changes you made for the icon adjustment. The only issue is does not change that on your Sensor setup\config page in BLRadar. It just changes the icon size in device management (Which is great). In HS2, I set the sensor up in BlRadar (like the attached image) making sure to select the motion portion of the Device. Then I would create an event calling BLRadar and select the device that I setup in BLR. I would create two events, one for echo (turn light on) and one for no echo (turn device off). This worked fine in HS2 but does not seem to work in HS3 (I attached the Event setup)

Thanks

Mike

Comment

You need to use the "Value Triggered Device Options" area when editing the sensor. Enable the value triggered check box and then specify the on and off value for the sensor. You may need to look at the value list for the sensor
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Can you see if 2.0.110 helps with icon sizes
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I will update the plugin this evening when I get home, turned the setting on and will test.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Blade:

New version fixed the icon sizes in the Setup\config section.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Ok, after turning on the setting within the plugin, I was able to get two out of the three working. The ones that are working at two HS motions and the one that is not is an old ACT one. The funny thing is that it will turn off the light when no motion but not turn on with motion.

Any ideas? I double checked the values and setups but nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it changes on value then it should be working.
                  Capture a debug log of the sensor going ON and I will take a look what is happening
                  Let me know the device code of reference of the one you are testing
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Blade:

Here is the log entry of the sensor:

ECHO Echo for Laundry Room Sensor Binary Motion, No Echo (4 mins, 18 secs)

Here it is for the No Echo:

NO ECHO No Echo for Laundry Room Sensor Binary Motion, Echo (4 mins, 15 secs)

Sep-22 7:46:19 AM Device Control Device: Basement Laundry Room Lights to Off (0)

Sep-22 7:46:19 AM Event Event Trigger "Breedens Home Laundry Lights - Motion Off"

0= no Motion
                    255 = Motion

Comment

I need you to capture a debug log of the issue with that sensor
                      It will help track it down
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Here is the log report:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Blade

Any update?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It does not look like a trigger type is set for the BLRadar trigger

9/22/2015 7:41:23 PM : v2.0.110.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerSensorChange(): * processing trigger (evref: 7576;TANumber: 1;SubTANumber: -1;UID: 1864)
                            9/22/2015 7:41:23 PM : v2.0.110.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerSensorChange(): Trig.Result --> True
                            9/22/2015 7:41:23 PM : v2.0.110.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerSensorChange(): Trig.WhichTrigger --> SensorChange
                            9/22/2015 7:41:23 PM : v2.0.110.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerSensorChange(): Trig1 --> 166 (TriggerType: ; TriggerUID: 1864)
                            9/22/2015 7:41:23 PM : v2.0.110.0 - HomeseerFunctions.TriggerSensorChange(): Trig1.ToString -->
                            TriggerSensorChange:
                            --------------------
                            TriggerUID: 1864
                            SensorKey: 166
                            TriggerType:
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Blade:

I have the trigger check box selected and the values as in my previous post. 255 = echo\on
                              0 = no echo\off

I have all my sensors setup this way, it just that this sensor is not seeing the echo\on.

The HS3 log see the echo but nothing happens

It see the off fine, and runs the event (light off).

Is there another area that I am missing?

- Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X