Ability to make a zone of other zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to make a zone of other zones

I would second Gary's request. Being able create a hierarchical zone structure would be very useful. I know it can currently be done by including all of the pertinent sensors in each zone, but being able to build 4 zones in the basement, then having the basement as a zone, doing the same upstairs and having the combination of the basement and upstairs zones composing the home zone, would be much easier to configure and adjust than to have to include the appropriate sensors in each of the three zone levels. I also have outbuildings that might benefit from inclusion in such a structure.

I would add one other request - to be able to assign "Motion Sensor Off Wait Time" to individual sensors as well as to zones.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Bump?

Any comments?

Comment

This is not an easy change. Did you put in a feature request on my web site
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Done!
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Feature request

Thanks for your response. I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something before I did that. I will put a feature request in.

Comment

OK just to clarify your request...

Currently you can assign motion sensors to active zones.
              You want to be able to assign motion sensors and active zones to active zones.

Currently the "Motion sensor off wait time" is only configurable for an active zone. What benefit does it give you for a motion sensor?

So if you have active zone A and you assign MS1 and MS2 as well as active zone B to active zone A, then when MS1 or MS2 and any MS assigned to active zone B goes on it will cause zone A to go ON.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

To clarify

I am asking for a zone to be made up of other zones - a 'super zone' if you will. One could build a hierarchy of super zones - a floor consisting of rooms and a house consisting of floors. That logic makes managing the zones more straightforward, to me, than having overlapping zones by including sensors in multiple zones. I think having a zone consisting of both zones and sensors would be confusing - the logic of the two is different. I hope that makes sense.

I'll let Randy discuss the timeout of sensors - his application is slightly different than mine.

Comment

So when adding/editing an active zone, what if I just included the other active zones in the list of assignable sensors/zones. I would have to add some more logic
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

That works

I think that would work well. The active zone would go active as soon as any sensor or zone in the list goes active and would clear when all sensors and zones cleared.

Comment

Working...
                    X