Update failure from 2.0.110.0 to 2.0.111.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update failure from 2.0.110.0 to 2.0.111.0

I have tried to update BLRadar a few times over the past few days and I keep getting this message.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from BLRadar - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

I did the disable and enable but no difference.

The log file:

Dec-21 10:20:50 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLRadar

Dec-21 10:20:49 PM BLRadar start BLRadar plug-in has been initialized

Dec-21 10:20:48 PM BLRadar start User Defined Motion Code has been loaded

Dec-21 10:20:48 PM BLRadar start Sensors and Active Zones have been loaded.

Dec-21 10:20:46 PM BLRadar start Checking devices owned by BLRadar

Dec-21 10:20:46 PM BLRadar start Loaded configuration successfully

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM BLRadar start BLRadar version is: 2.0.110.0

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM BLRadar start Initializing BLRadar...

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Info Plugin BLRadar has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59342

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Re-initializing plugin after update.

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Install/Update of package BLRadar failed.

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Error Installation of package BLRadar failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_BLRadar.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_BLRadar.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_BLRadar.exe

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images\maintainMovementPage.jpg

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images\addSensorPage.jpg

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images\optionsPage.jpg

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\Images\webInterface.jpg

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\BLHelp\BLRadar\BLRadar_Help.asp

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\sound.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\noecho.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\maintain_motionsensor.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\maintain_duskdawnsensor.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\maintain_activezone.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\light.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\hspi_blradar.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\udmc.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\event.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\echo.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\dark.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\battery.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\activezoneon.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Images\BLRadar\activezoneoff.gif

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Installing package BLRadar

Dec-21 10:20:45 PM Updater Update HSPI_BLRadar.exe downloaded successfully

Dec-21 10:20:42 PM Updater Downloading update: BLRadar

Dec-21 10:20:22 PM Info Plugin BLRadar with instance: has disconnected

Dec-21 10:20:22 PM Updater Plugin is loaded, unloading before updating.

Dec-21 10:20:22 PM Updater Starting download of updates
    Last edited by BMXdad; December 21, 2015, 10:31 PM.

I had to install the update twice today to get it done. However, in my case, with the first try, my antivirus software (Norton) had flagged a couple of the files and blocked them from being used. I had Norton make an exception for the files, but had to reinstall the plugin to get it to work.

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

The BLRadar plug-in has a funny quirk when you want to update, in that you have to disable the plug-in then restart HS3 before you go to the updater and run the update (and re-enable the plug-in).
      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        The BLRadar plug-in has a funny quirk when you want to update, in that you have to disable the plug-in then restart HS3 before you go to the updater and run the update (and re-enable the plug-in).
        Yes it does and I am not sure why it is doing that. It is on my list to fix it but I am currently stumped as to why it fails to update. I think the plugin is not shutdown when HS3 tries to update it but I am not sure why yet.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          Yes it does and I am not sure why it is doing that. It is on my list to fix it but I am currently stumped as to why it fails to update. I think the plugin is not shutdown when HS3 tries to update it but I am not sure why yet.
          Yes, and all your other plug-ins don't have this issue. For me it's not a big deal as I always shutdown HS and do a backup before doing any updates anyway.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Shut down and back up.

When you say shut down hs and do backup what type of backup are you doing.

Entire machine, HS directory to zip, Server backup ?

Just looking for the quickest on demand backup path.

Comment

Originally posted by BMXdad View Post
              When you say shut down hs and do backup what type of backup are you doing.

Entire machine, HS directory to zip, Server backup ?

Just looking for the quickest on demand backup path.
              I always back up the whole of the HS3 folder to a separate folder. If i need to restore I just copy that folder back again. Just bear in mind you can only do the copy when HS3 is shut down.
              Nicolai L

Comment

Yup that is one of the ways

I also backup the hole machine.

Comment

Still having this problem with 116 update and added to Norton exclude and sonar exclude. Not sure what is going on. I have even shut Norton down and still had no success.

Comment

2.0.116.0 Update

Originally posted by BMXdad View Post
                    Still having this problem with 116 update and added to Norton exclude and sonar exclude. Not sure what is going on. I have even shut Norton down and still had no success.
                    My BLRadar appears to be working normally. However, on the Manage Plugins page it is at the bottom under a heading of "Remote Plug-ins." It states "enable to obtain a license," but there is no button to enable, just a button to disconnect. The pull-down tab for the plug-ins allows one to get to the BLRadar plug-in page, where everything appears to be working.

Elliott
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                      My BLRadar appears to be working normally. However, on the Manage Plugins page it is at the bottom under a heading of "Remote Plug-ins." It states "enable to obtain a license," but there is no button to enable, just a button to disconnect. The pull-down tab for the plug-ins allows one to get to the BLRadar plug-in page, where everything appears to be working.

Elliott
                      So, when I retarted HS3, I got the error message in the startup log that the BLRadar HSPI was missing. I downloaded and re-installed the plug-in and everything is working as it should.

Elliott

Comment

Norton is not your friend. IMO it is the worst software you can use. For the most part the Windows firewall works fine. I use ESET for virus scanner - no issues
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Why do you feel Norton is so bad? I have been running it on 8 computers for several years now and no major issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X