Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a event with BLRandom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Creating a event with BLRandom

    Hi, I just installed this plugin to HS and I added one group of frases toa group. My question is how do you add the group to a event? I tried creating a event. Looking in the action drop down and didn't see any option for BlRamdom...?
    Hector
    ____________________________________
    Win.2003 OS, HS3
    BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
    BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

  • #2
    Can anyone pitch in, I really appreciated.
    Hector
    ____________________________________
    Win.2003 OS, HS3
    BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
    BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

    Comment


    • #3
      Hector:

      All my speaking events have gotten quite complicated but in it's simplest form it works sort of like this.

      You can call an immediate script command to speak the contents of a randomized group like this. Set up an event for a time or whatever trigger you need and in the action use a script command like this.

      PHP Code:
      &hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Get Coffee"
      of course your group would probably be named something other than get coffee, but who knows.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        Hector:

        All my speaking events have gotten quite complicated but in it's simplest form it works sort of like this.

        You can call an immediate script command to speak the contents of a randomized group like this. Set up an event for a time or whatever trigger you need and in the action use a script command like this.

        PHP Code:
        &hs.speak hs.plugin("BLRandom").RandomizeGroup("Get Coffee"
        of course your group would probably be named something other than get coffee, but who knows.
        Thanks Nigthwalker for ur responce, but is this the way it works out of the box? Or is this something you desided to do?
        Hector
        ____________________________________
        Win.2003 OS, HS3
        BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
        BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

        Comment


        • #5
          That script call is part of the plugin.
          I use BLSpeech and BLRandom together as I am sure nightwalker does
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            Thanks Nigthwalker for ur responce, but is this the way it works out of the box? Or is this something you desided to do?
            That's right out of the box and Bob is correct that I use both BLSpeech and BLRandom.

            What I gave you is straight from the help file. I've converted all my speaking events to use scripts. I do that mostly so any event that speaks doesn't have to sound the same, at the very least it gets a different prelude.

            For example my weather forecast spoken as part of the morning routine says something different before each forecast. "here's todays weather" "Todays weather forecast in case you were interested" and on and on.

            It just makes the TTS so much more personable and not as predictable.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thks guys for educating me. How does Blspeech work? and how do you use it?
              Hector
              ____________________________________
              Win.2003 OS, HS3
              BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
              BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

              Comment


              • #8
                BLSpeech is a speech proxy for HS. It allows you to queue up speech and speak it when you want. The best thing to do is make sure you have the others working right and then install the trial of BLSpeech and give it a try
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  BLSpeech is a speech proxy for HS. It allows you to queue up speech and speak it when you want. The best thing to do is make sure you have the others working right and then install the trial of BLSpeech and give it a try
                  I agree with you Bob. But can you give me examples in how u use BLspeech to see if its rigth for me?
                  Hector
                  ____________________________________
                  Win.2003 OS, HS3
                  BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                  BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I do not use it much for queuing speech but I do use the pre and post speaking functionality which allows me to switch on certain speakers around the house before speaking and then swithc them back after speaking. There are lots of more uses for it. It has a lot of features in it. It has a dictionary so you can pronounce words differently, etc

                    Try it out and see what you think.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X