Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder Dates read 2010

Hi Blade,

I'm finally getting around to this, but I noticed all of my recurring reminders didn't roll the date over to 2011 ... still say 2010.

I looked at the scripts for some clue, nothing seems obvious. Are you seeing this?

Thanks,

Ron

The dates don't roll over, they just keep on chugging along. If you look at your calender view you'll see that anything that's recurring is set to trigger on the correct date.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Reminder Dates read 2010

Hi Marty,

I use BLReminders with MainLobby. It displays upcoming reminders like birthdays and holidays which are recurring, so the year needs to be correct. Since Blade wrote BLReminders in 2010, the problem was not noticed until the beginning of this year. Maybe he has a solution. I'll check on the ML forum.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

I'm not sure where you not seeing the correct date, all is well here and on my HSTouch screens. If you're talking about the "start date" that never changes as that date is used to track what birthday or anniversary or whatever you have set up.

So far this year anything I've set up like holidays or recurring weekly, monthly reminders have triggered and shown just fine. I've been using this for a few years now so it's not like it's a brand spanking new plug-in. I guess Bob will have to jump in here and alleviate your fears.

I know he uses ML so maybe it's something specific to using it there.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

The start date will never change for a reminder. It is the starting point used by the plugin.
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
            I'm not sure where you not seeing the correct date, all is well here and on my HSTouch screens.
            Are you using vb scripts to generate HS device strings for recurring birthdays and holidays? I'm using some scripts I found posted on the HS forum, I believe they were written by Blade at request. At any rate, if you have scripts which populate your HS devices with the correct dates, I sure would like a copy ... if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by ronsatter View Post
              Are you using vb scripts to generate HS device strings for recurring birthdays and holidays? I'm using some scripts I found posted on the HS forum, I believe they were written by Blade at request. At any rate, if you have scripts which populate your HS devices with the correct dates, I sure would like a copy ... if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Ron
              I use 4 vb scripts to populate device strings. I run them each once a day just after midnight. They may or may not be what you're looking for. Make sure you change each to the device code you use and that the device exists. They were not written by me, i found them on Blades site maybe a year ago or so.
              Attached Files
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Thanks Marty! I'll check them out and let you know.

Comment

OK, now I see what's going on. Marty, your scripts are the same as mine, with the exception of the way the device strings are parsed. My Holiday script populates the device string with the reminder start date included in the string, like this:

02/16/2000 - Valentine's Day - in 19 days

Yours is like this:

Valentine's Day is in 19 days

That's why I was asking if you were seeing the start date in your display. It was removed in your scripts because it really doesn't make any sense to have it in the reminder string, it looks like a mistake. I would expect to see this:

02/16/2011 - Valentine's Day - in 19 days

with the "year" updating every recurring year. Since this is the first time I have recurring events showing in a different "year" than the reminder was created, I didn't notice this until this month.

Thanks for the scripts, it helped me figure it out.

Ron

Comment

I'm glad you got it figured out, the scripts worked for me, even thought they look pretty much like gibberish to me.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Working...
                    X