Name:	image.png
Views:	67
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1623607

Leave a comment:

• docfxit
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    With mcsMQTT, select MQTT page Association tab. Rows starting with HS/ are for HS and plugin control and CPU use status. Click "a" column checkbox to create HS Device of any that you want to monitor and control.

From HS Devices page use the button for shutdown or restart. Control via Device change in event action is also possible.
    I have this plugin installed. Where is the MQTT page Association tab?

Leave a comment:

• docfxit
    replied
    I would like to create an event. I entered this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeseerEventRestart.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	1623573
    There is an error. I can't figure out what the error is. The only thing I can see different is mine starts out with When instead of If. I can't figure out how to change it to If.
    I'm running HS4 in Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    With mcsMQTT, select MQTT page Association tab. Rows starting with HS/ are for HS and plugin control and CPU use status. Click "a" column checkbox to create HS Device of any that you want to monitor and control.

From HS Devices page use the button for shutdown or restart. Control via Device change in event action is also possible.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    To shutdown or restart HS4 on Linux can easily be done by configuring two simple events. Just copy from the screenshots below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1527570

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1527571

Leave a comment:

• madbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    Another option is mcsMQTT that has HS and all CPU monitoring and stop, start and restart controls.
    Thanks. I just installed mcsMQTT. Not obvious to me where those features are. I downloaded the manual . 540 pages - ouch !
    I looked at pages 158/159. I got to the screen that shows figure 84 . I have no idea how to get to the figure 85 screen. Evidently, I would need to read a bit more of the manual. This is very intimidating.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Another option is mcsMQTT that has HS and all CPU monitoring and stop, start and restart controls.

Jon00 also has utility for plugin control. I don't know if it also does HS control.

Leave a comment:

• madbrain
    replied
    Yeah, perhaps that's it. Seems really strange to me that this functionality isn't built in to HomeSeer, and requires a plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    madbrain I'm not sure, but it might not work for Linux. A Linux user will hopefully pipe in.

Leave a comment:

• madbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    madbrain Go past the HS4 section to the HS3 section, it's there and works perfectly.
    It's not there in the list in my version. It should be between BLSecurity and BLSpeech, but isn't.

I'm using :

HomeSeer HS4 Pi 30-Day Trial Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux)

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    madbrain Go past the HS4 section to the HS3 section, it's there and works perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• madbrain
    replied
    Where I can I find this BLshutdown plug-in ? A search from within HS4-Pi does not find it, even under Beta.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I know nothing about scripting so I simply copied the example in the help section and changed the "2" to a "4" because I want to shutdown and restart the PC and HS4.

hs.PluginFunction("BLShutdown", "", "Shutdown", New Object(){2})

I tried issuing the command within HS4 and also created an event that runs this script.

Sub Main()
    hs.PluginFunction("BLShutdown", "", "Shutdown", New Object(){4})
    End Sub

However, it won't run due to an error. Please help.

Leave a comment:

• jbfoster
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    Try out 1.0.6 in the beta section
    I missed the Beta version. I installed the Beta version all is working now. Thanks Blade

Leave a comment:

Working...
X