Filter Change Needed Has Bizarre Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Change Needed Has Bizarre Date

Just wondering why this date has such an unusual date. It must have gone back in a time capsule! Is there a way to set this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	209
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1256767

Yes, there is a HS script function to change the "Last Change Date" (if that's what it is). Look in the help doc under Scripting.

Parms are device reference id and date-time.

ex:
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(5678, Now)
    hs.SetDeviceLastChange(5678, Convert.ToDateTime("1/1/13 4:00 PM"))
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by mmn View Post
      Yes, there is a HS script function to change the "Last Change Date" (if that's what it is). Look in the help doc under Scripting.

Parms are device reference id and date-time.

ex:
      hs.SetDeviceLastChange(5678, Now)
      hs.SetDeviceLastChange(5678, Convert.ToDateTime("1/1/13 4:00 PM"))
      I am not sure that is what it is. In the pic those are child devices of the BLStat plug-in that automatically come in when you check the box in settings to create HS devices. So not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I am not sure that is what it is. In the pic those are child devices of the BLStat plug-in that automatically come in when you check the box in settings to create HS devices. So not sure.
        If it shows up on the Device Page and has a reference id then this function should work. I used it to reset that same date in, I think it was BLUPS.
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Any more info on this date being 1929! Is there a way to set it? thanks

Comment

You can run this scripting call

Code:
            hs.PluginFunction("BLStat", "", "ResetFilterDateToNow", Nothing)
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Blade. Also when I set the number of days to a different number other than 30 (60) and save it does not change the child device. How do I get this to change? thanks

EDIT: I just ran the script in Setup, Control Panel and no change. Is that the right place? Don't know much about scripts.

Comment

If you run it from the Control Panel run it like this:

Code:
                &nhs.PluginFunction("BLStat", "", "ResetFilterDateToNow", Nothing)
                I think you set the filter days on the options page. Is it not saving?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  If you run it from the Control Panel run it like this:

Code:
                  &nhs.PluginFunction("BLStat", "", "ResetFilterDateToNow", Nothing)
                  I think you set the filter days on the options page. Is it not saving?
                  Yes I have set it in the options page and no it is not saving. The Filter Change Needed device still reads same date after running script.

Comment

OK turn on debug logging and then set the value and save it
                    Once done turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped

Make sure you run this first
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-debug-logging
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

That is not the date a filter change is needed, it is the last date/time the virtual device was controlled by HomeSeer. Since it has never been set, that date lingers from when the plug-in created it. It is likely just an anomaly in how Blade’s plug-in created the device. Just disregard it. Mine has the same date. I don’t use filters, so I set the filter change interval at 365 days and have reset it several times. Mine is currently showing 102 days until a filter change is due. Yours shows to be due on 11/28/18 (25 days). I would expect the device to change from “not set” to something else on the 28th. Why don’t you wait until then and see what happens. Alternately you could change the “Number of days for filter change” to 1 and see if it changes tomorrow or Tuesday. The virtual device has no status text assigned, so it is likely the plug-in will set the string when a change is due. It also may change the value of the device to 1 or 100. It appears Blade wants you to assign an Event or script to be run when the filter change is due, so the virtual device is only for informational purposes.

As I wrote, I have no need for that feature, because we have radiant heat and no air handler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72837.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1257122Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72838.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1257123
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK turn on debug logging and then set the value and save it
                        Once done turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped

Make sure you run this first
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-debug-logging
                        Thanks Randy. I will put the file here anyway for Blade to look at. There is still one issue not resolved and that is the number of days remaining is not changing in the child device when you change it in settings.

BLStat-Detailed.zip
                        Attached Files

Comment

I do not see any errors updating the number of days
                          Can you post your BLStat.xml zipped
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I do not see any errors updating the number of days
                            Can you post your BLStat.xml zipped
                            BLStat.zip

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Thanks Randy. I will put the file here anyway for Blade to look at. There is still one issue not resolved and that is the number of days remaining is not changing in the child device when you change it in settings.
                              Mine only changes when I “Reset Filter” at the bottom of the thermostats page. That will reset the countdown to days for change -1. Just changing the days for change under options has no reference to today until it is reset.

Click image for larger version  Name:	355079CF-3C40-4F5D-AEEA-2989187E8C42.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	1257137
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X