Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLStat beta

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I have updated a new build of the plugin.

    This build contains the following:

    1. An activity log report
    2. The ability to use run/hold on a thermostat.
    3. New scripting methods were added to support run/hold mode (SetHoldOn and SetHoldOff ---- see help for details)

    Run mode - The thermostat will adhere to the schedule you set and will respond to setpoint changes.

    Hold Mode - User can set the hold temperature and the length the hold will be in place. If the user does not set a hold length then the hold is active until the user places the stat back in run mode. The hold timer does not start until the stat temperature reaches the hold temperature. If the user does not specify a hold temperature the plugin will use the current setpoint.

    Try it out and let me know.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

    Comment


    • #32
      Sweet!!

      Thanks, Bud!!!

      Merry Christmas!!
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

      Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

      Comment


      • #33
        I have posted another build that allows you to assign icons to the plugin devices. See the options page for details.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

        Comment


        • #34
          This new versio is very cool. The graphics are a very nice touch!

          I would like to use these in designer to show when something is being done on the tstats.

          Don't suppose you have an updated help that show me how to do that?

          For example, when the furnace is currently firing, the operating mode says "heating" with a fire, very cool, I want my stat in designer o do the same thing but there is no option to set that. I mean I can set it to operating mode but there is no ability to display this image or have it say "heating" like it does in the status of the web gui.

          Any thoughts?

          Also, when I installed this plug version, my defalt zwave therm stat links at the top got removed, the standard one that HS had. When I disable your plug, your link goes away but does not return the defualt one. If I re-enable your plug, your link does not come back either. I finally figured out how to get both back up there but made me nervous for short bit.

          Wondering, should the HS version of the tstat plug be disabled or enabled when yours is on?

          Lastly, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

          Great work on this plug!!
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

          Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

          Comment


          • #35
            The HS plugin needs to be installed because mine uses their API calls

            Regarding HSTouch... I am not sure really how to do that because I do not use HSTouch.
            You should be able to use the device value for the operating state device.

            Here are the device values for the operating state device:

            0 - Idle
            1 - Heat
            2 - Cool

            I will update the help to show the device values for the devices. That will probably happen tomorrow

            Hope this helps.
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

            Comment


            • #36
              You rock, Man! Thank you!
              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

              Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

              Comment


              • #37
                I have posted a new build with the updated help.
                Enjoy
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ok so playing around with scripting and designer.


                  Here is my situation:

                  I hav a schedule that operates the stats based on activity, time of day, outside temp and day of week. Sometimes, there is a need to manually adjust the temp over what the automation has. If we were to adjust the temp or mode from either HS or the tstat itself, HS will override this manual entries during the next schedule run. I would like to be able to push a hold button in HS or the stat itself to override the schedule from overriding my manual settings.

                  The hold setting in the call is not doing that.

                  Thoughts on how to get this done? I mean I can writes a script foe manual entries in HS or HST but, if some adjusts from the stat itself, it won't stick.

                  Thoughts?

                  Also in your stat page, can you add a filter replaced button? So when I replace the filter I can push it to reset?

                  Lastly, I would like to be able to call the value of the filter change date in other scripts. How can I do that? basically to run scripts on the day the filter needs changing or things like that.
                  Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

                  Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I have 4 Wayne Dalton Thermostat , I try the hold on your BLstat page and it did'nt seen to work. It set the setpoint temp from the hold temp, but didn't set it back to original temp after the hold minutes has been reach.

                    Could you please look back at my previous posting and explain to me how the hold function will work for me.

                    On my Thermostat I have setpoint for Heat, Cool, Energy Saver Heat and Energy Saver Cool .

                    Cold you add two more method to retrive the Energy Saver Heat and Energy Saver Cool and add two new Buttons to set them.

                    On the Homeseer Zwave Thermostat page you can set either set the Heat or Energy Saver Heat Setpoint.

                    Thank you

                    Bigmack48

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      Ok so playing around with scripting and designer.


                      Here is my situation:

                      I hav a schedule that operates the stats based on activity, time of day, outside temp and day of week. Sometimes, there is a need to manually adjust the temp over what the automation has. If we were to adjust the temp or mode from either HS or the tstat itself, HS will override this manual entries during the next schedule run. I would like to be able to push a hold button in HS or the stat itself to override the schedule from overriding my manual settings.

                      The hold setting in the call is not doing that.

                      Thoughts on how to get this done? I mean I can writes a script foe manual entries in HS or HST but, if some adjusts from the stat itself, it won't stick.

                      Thoughts?

                      Also in your stat page, can you add a filter replaced button? So when I replace the filter I can push it to reset?

                      Lastly, I would like to be able to call the value of the filter change date in other scripts. How can I do that? basically to run scripts on the day the filter needs changing or things like that.
                      I will add a call to return the next filter date change.

                      Regarding hold... If you set hold with no minutes specified then the plugin will hold the temp and should not let the schedule change that setpoint if in hold mode.
                      If this is not working like that please try and capture me a debug log in the plugin and send it to me via email and I will check it out.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                        I have 4 Wayne Dalton Thermostat , I try the hold on your BLstat page and it did'nt seen to work. It set the setpoint temp from the hold temp, but didn't set it back to original temp after the hold minutes has been reach.

                        Could you please look back at my previous posting and explain to me how the hold function will work for me.

                        On my Thermostat I have setpoint for Heat, Cool, Energy Saver Heat and Energy Saver Cool .

                        Cold you add two more method to retrive the Energy Saver Heat and Energy Saver Cool and add two new Buttons to set them.

                        On the Homeseer Zwave Thermostat page you can set either set the Heat or Energy Saver Heat Setpoint.

                        Thank you

                        Bigmack48
                        If you use the hold in the plugin it will set the hold setpoint point and if you specify 10 minutes then once the temp reaches the hold setpoint then the timer will start and it will set it back after the 10 minutes. I tested that here and it did work for me

                        I do remember you mentioning your wife sets up the temp manually at the stat. I still have to work out something for that. It is on my list.

                        Regarding the energy saving heat setpoint I do not see an API call in the HS stat plugin that does this. If you can find me info on it I am sure it can be added
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Blade,

                          I looked around and found this link. It may help you.

                          http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=860345

                          I found how to access the EnergySave setpoints for readback. The following script writes the Heat Setpoint and EnergySaver Heat Setpoint to the log for each of my thermostats:

                          Code:

                          Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)
                          Dim oTStats As Object
                          Dim oT As Object
                          Dim i
                          oTStats = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats")
                          hs.WriteLog("Test", oTSTats.Name)
                          for i=1 to oTStats.NThermostats

                          oT = oTStats.StatObj(i) ' Get a single Thermostat object

                          hs.WriteLog("Test", oT.Name)
                          hs.Writelog("Test", "Current Temp: " & oT.Temperature)
                          hs.WriteLog("Test", "Heat Setpoint: " & oT.HeatSet)
                          hs.WriteLog("Test", "EnergySave Heat Setpoint: " & oT.EnergySaverHeatSet)
                          next
                          hs.WriteLog("Test", "Test Finished")
                          End Sub

                          I'm looking to purchase a tstat for my office and am wondering if the WDTC-20 can be queried for it's "run" status? I.e. is the furnace running right now, or is the A/C running right now?

                          I understand that it does not report fan status, so am looking for another way to keep track of the time the furnace or A/C is running via the stat.

                          You can create events based triggers from changes in status of the Z-Wave TStat. I use such an event and some script to log when the heat goes on and off. The TStat API has a call GetCurrentMode which (with appropriate arguments) returns 0 = Off, 1 = Heat, 2 = Cool, 3 = Auto, and 4 = Aux.

                          I have a WDTC-20 but only control heating so I can only vouch for correct returned values of 0 and 1.


                          Thank you

                          Bigmack48
                          Last edited by BIGMACK48; December 25th, 2010, 11:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hey blade,

                            Great work on this plug. This is the way HS should have done it. I think they need to bring you in to make their plugs for them lol


                            Ok, so a couple of things for you...

                            The Operating field does not seem to change anymore. If the stat is in heat mode, it will return heating. If the stat is Off, it will return Idle.

                            In the HS zwave thermo page, it return Idle if the furnace is not running and Heating when it is.

                            Rev e still does not return your plug link if disabled and then renabled.
                            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

                            Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                              You can create events based triggers from changes in status of the Z-Wave TStat. I use such an event and some script to log when the heat goes on and off. The TStat API has a call GetCurrentMode which (with appropriate arguments) returns 0 = Off, 1 = Heat, 2 = Cool, 3 = Auto, and 4 = Aux.
                              Bigmack48
                              You can use the scripting call "GetThermostatMode" to return the mode


                              Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                              Blade,

                              I looked around and found this link. It may help you.

                              http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=860345

                              I found how to access the EnergySave setpoints for readback. The following script writes the Heat Setpoint and EnergySaver Heat Setpoint to the log for each of my thermostats:

                              Code:

                              Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)
                              Dim oTStats As Object
                              Dim oT As Object
                              Dim i
                              oTStats = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats")
                              hs.WriteLog("Test", oTSTats.Name)
                              for i=1 to oTStats.NThermostats

                              oT = oTStats.StatObj(i) ' Get a single Thermostat object

                              hs.WriteLog("Test", oT.Name)
                              hs.Writelog("Test", "Current Temp: " & oT.Temperature)
                              hs.WriteLog("Test", "Heat Setpoint: " & oT.HeatSet)
                              hs.WriteLog("Test", "EnergySave Heat Setpoint: " & oT.EnergySaverHeatSet)
                              next
                              hs.WriteLog("Test", "Test Finished")
                              End Sub

                              Bigmack48
                              I will look into this.
                              I did send an email to Rich asking him if this still exists in the HS API today because I did notice that the post is more than a year old.
                              Last edited by Blade; December 26th, 2010, 02:11 PM.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                                Hey blade,

                                Great work on this plug. This is the way HS should have done it. I think they need to bring you in to make their plugs for them lol


                                Ok, so a couple of things for you...

                                The Operating field does not seem to change anymore. If the stat is in heat mode, it will return heating. If the stat is Off, it will return Idle.

                                In the HS zwave thermo page, it return Idle if the furnace is not running and Heating when it is.

                                Rev e still does not return your plug link if disabled and then renabled.
                                Can you be more clear on the operating field does not seem to change anymore? My operating state is always Heating right now because Rich is still looking into an issue with the api call always returning TRUE. Their page seems to work but the call I make is not returning correctly.

                                What do you mean by it still does not return the plug link if disabled and reenabled?
                                Cheers,
                                Bob
                                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X