X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLStat beta

Here is the first BLStat beta.
    Go ahead and give it a try if you want. Remember that it is a beta right now.

I would appreciate feedback on the plugin.
    Please use this thread for feedback.

BLStat is now RELEASED on my web site
    Download it here

PLEASE NOTE:
    If you are upgrading to beta build 1.0.0G or higher you will have to add the schedules again.
    I have made a big change in the way the schedules are used now. You can now have as many schedules as you like.
    You can load any schedule to any thermostat at any time.
    Last edited by Blade; January 9, 2011, 10:50 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Is there any way to add color (red) for Heating and Blue for Air if that mode is set. It would make it easier to read. Also is there a way to determine is furnace is on or off for a particular zone. Great Job So far!!!1

Thank You

Bigmack

Comment

Downloading now...

Hey, can you add an uninstaller, if you haven't already?

It would be cool to be able to easily remove plugins...
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Seems to work great! Is there anyway to have the filter changer minder event trigger? So I could make an announcement when it's time to change the filter.. I didn't see anything in the scripting methods.. Great work so far!

One thing I noticed is on the device page it says operating mode unknown when it's idle.

Also is there a way to add fan operating device? Thanks!

-Tom-
        Last edited by twa8000; December 20, 2010, 02:19 AM.
        -Tom-

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          Downloading now...

Hey, can you add an uninstaller, if you haven't already?

It would be cool to be able to easily remove plugins...
          You can remove plugins now. I believe it is under the bin folder under your HS install.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
            Seems to work great! Is there anyway to have the filter changer minder event trigger? So I could make an announcement when it's time to change the filter.. I didn't see anything in the scripting methods.. Great work so far!

One thing I noticed is on the device page it says operating mode unknown when it's idle.

Also is there a way to add fan operating device? Thanks!

-Tom-
            I will look into adding a trigger for filter reminder.
            I will have a look at the unknown issue.
            I see no call in the thermostat API to ask if the fan is operating. I noticed that the HS device has it but I have no idea where they get that from right now.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I will be adding the activity log in the next build.
              I am thinking I will use a database instead of a text file for the activity log.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Blade,

My wife take a shower in morning and she always turn the temp from 69 to 75 and forget to turn it back down. I was wondering if you could add a option that you could set a field for Default Temp and Number of Minutes that new temp can be used for before it get set back to the default temp.

This option would be used for both heat and Air Condition.

Also could you add speak phase option to talk to blspeech

Thank you

Bigmack

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                  Blade,

My wife take a shower in morning and she always turn the temp from 69 to 75 and forget to turn it back down. I was wondering if you could add a option that you could set a field for Default Temp and Number of Minutes that new temp can be used for before it get set back to the default temp.

This option would be used for both heat and Air Condition.

Also could you add speak phase option to talk to blspeech

Thank you

Bigmack
                  To echo what is being said here, this function is normally handled with "HOLD" button a regular T- Stat. When in a program mode or schedule, if one adjusts the temperature without using the HOLD button, it will only clime to that temp once and then go back to the previously set temp unless you adjust and hit HOLD. Anyway to incorporate that feature? I would use that a lot.

Also, can't seem to get the fan mode to operate. I mean I can with a set point but, I would like to be able to operate the FAN independant of heating or cooling.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                    To echo what is being said here, this function is normally handled with "HOLD" button a regular T- Stat. When in a program mode or schedule, if one adjusts the temperature without using the HOLD button, it will only clime to that temp once and then go back to the previously set temp unless you adjust and hit HOLD. Anyway to incorporate that feature? I would use that a lot.

Also, can't seem to get the fan mode to operate. I mean I can with a set point but, I would like to be able to operate the FAN independant of heating or cooling.
                    You can change to fan mode to ON using event actions or scripting. That should force the fan to come on. If it is set to auto, it will likely only come on when the stat calls for cooling or heating.

Regarding hold...
                    My thermostat does not support hold so here is what I was thinking of doing.

I was thinking of adding a new script call to set a hold temperature and allow the user to specify how long they want to hold the temperature for. I would also add a new option to the options page for the user to specify a default hold length in minutes to use as a default in case the user does not specify the length when using the script call.
                    Once the script call is called and the temperature reaches the hold set temperature, the plugin would wait the specified number of minutes before returning the temp back to what it was or what it should be based on the schedule.
                    Here is an example of the script call:

SetHoldTemperature(thermostatNumber, tempNumber, holdTemp, holdMinutes)

holdMinutes would be optional. If it is not specified then the plugin will use the default on the options page.

Thoughts?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Perfect!

Can you tweak this just a tiny bit?

This should only apply when the hold button is NOT pressed. If a hold button is pressed, it should hold it indefinitely, or until the user authorizes a return to schedule. This can be accomplished using either a Toggle style button where the HOLD button when depressed would be "active" and prevent scheduled temp changes or "unactive" by pressing it again or, using two buttons - HOLD and RUN. The way regular stats work is is when a user presses the HOLD button, a light comes up on the display or the tstat that says "HOLD". The return to a schedule, the user would press a "run schedule" button... IDK, just a thought..... If I were doing it, I would do two buttons, HOLD and RUN. Makes it easier.

Is this possible?

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      You can change to fan mode to ON using event actions or scripting. That should force the fan to come on. If it is set to auto, it will likely only come on when the stat calls for cooling or heating.

Regarding hold...
                      My thermostat does not support hold so here is what I was thinking of doing.

I was thinking of adding a new script call to set a hold temperature and allow the user to specify how long they want to hold the temperature for. I would also add a new option to the options page for the user to specify a default hold length in minutes to use as a default in case the user does not specify the length when using the script call.
                      Once the script call is called and the temperature reaches the hold set temperature, the plugin would wait the specified number of minutes before returning the temp back to what it was or what it should be based on the schedule.
                      Here is an example of the script call:

SetHoldTemperature(thermostatNumber, tempNumber, holdTemp, holdMinutes)

holdMinutes would be optional. If it is not specified then the plugin will use the default on the options page.

Thoughts?
                      Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; December 20, 2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

If the user actually has a hold supported stat, then yes hold will do what hold does for the stat and if the stat is in hold then it will ignore the schedule. Once hold is turned off then the stat will return the setpoint for the scheduled time.

For those of us that do not have hold support it will use what I said in the previous post. I think I will add 2 script calls. Once to turn on hold for a set time or indefinitely and one to turn off hold.

For example:

SetHoldOn(thermostatNumber, tempNumber, holdTemp, holdMinutes)
                        SetHoldOff(thermostatNumber, tempNumber)

Here are some examples:

SetHoldOn(1,1,75,60)
                        (This would hold the temp at 75 for 60 minutes and then return to the setpoint according to the schedule in the plugin)

SetHoldOn(1,1,75)
                        (This would hold the temp at 75 for the default hold minutes on the options page and then return to the setpoint according to the schedule in the plugin)

SetHoldOn(1,1,75,0)
                        (This would hold the temp at 75 indefinitely until the user calls the SetHoldOff call)

SetHoldOff(1,1)
                        (This would turn off hold for the thermostat and return to the setpoint according to the schedule in the plugin)

Thoughts?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Perfect. I can then hopefully use HS Touch to open a window OVER the current page when the Hold Button is pressed that will allow people to enter these variables, such has hold time, etc, and then pass them to your script.

Do you think this could be possible?

I don't know scripting so this would have to be done using the Actions and Status Device sections of the HS Touch interface.

I am willing to give it a go....

As it relates to your plug-in, I think it's perfect! I can totally see this being used further from a Touch or webclient user. Have different default times for each user. Give certain permissions to each user.

Way to go! Can't wait to give this a shot...

BTW, where can I find out which tstats support hold?

Comment

That is the weird thing... My stat has hold on it but the HS api says hold is not supported.

I am not sure how you would prompt for the values in HSTouch. I do not use HSTouch but I know I can do it in MainLobby which is what I use.
                            I am sure you can prompt for values in HSTouch and then specify the variable in the call to the plugin script call.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Cool, let me know when the beta revision will be up...

Comment

Working...
                              X