Rename thermostat devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename thermostat devices

I have 9 thermostats and now also some 99+ thermostat devices named by thermostat number, ie, "Thermostat 1 Temperature", "Thermostat 1 Heat Setpoint" to "Thermostat 9 Active Schedule".

Is there an easy way to rename all these devices and replace "Thermostat 1" with "Bedroom", "Thermostat 2" with "Kitchen" etc. so it's easier to keep track of all devices?

Originally posted by johan View Post
    I have 9 thermostats and now also some 99+ thermostat devices named by thermostat number, ie, "Thermostat 1 Temperature", "Thermostat 1 Heat Setpoint" to "Thermostat 9 Active Schedule".

Is there an easy way to rename all these devices and replace "Thermostat 1" with "Bedroom", "Thermostat 2" with "Kitchen" etc. so it's easier to keep track of all devices?
    Have you looked at the INI?

You can shut down HS, open up the INI in the BLSTAT folder and do a find replace...

Just a thought... YMMV
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

9 thermostats? Don't think I even want to know what your utility bill might be.....

Comment

Zone based hydronic floor heating, basically each room has a thermostat...

Anyhow, HS just decided to re-order all my thermostats, so now all the configurations are messed up again. What was configured as the bedroom is now the kitchen, etc...

I think I'll leave my thermostats alone until HS has come up with a fix to this problem, glad I didn't manually change the name of the 99+ devices, because that would have been all messed up now anyway.

Comment

You should be able to rename the thermostats in HS and the plugin should pick up the new names
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Do you mean that the plug in has changed the way it names the devices when they are created?

Here's what I've done;

1. set up the thermostat in HS, renaming the HS device from "Thermostat 1" to "Kitchen"
            2. in the BLstat plugin, the thermostats are listed by their number and also show the name given in step 1, ie, "Thermostat 1: Kitchen".
            3. When I created all the devices in the BLStat plugin, they were all named based on their number, Thermostat 1, etc., and not by the name I had given them

Has that changed now, so if I recreate the devices in BLStat they will be named "Kitchen Temperature", "Kitchen Setpoint", etc?

This is probably a moot point until HS fixes the numbering so that the thermostats stop jumping around. After my latest restart, everything changed, all schedules were mismatched, all thermostat configuration settings were mismatched, etc, so I may end up with a thermostat named "Kitchen" that actually runs the bedrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by johan View Post
              ...Anyhow, HS just decided to re-order all my thermostats, so now all the configurations are messed up again. What was configured as the bedroom is now the kitchen, etc...

I think I'll leave my thermostats alone until HS has come up with a fix to this problem, glad I didn't manually change the name of the 99+ devices, because that would have been all messed up now anyway.
              The fix is here on 2.5.0.8.

There is a beta. Send a bug report to Rich and he will link you the beta if you want it.
              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

You just need to go to the /stat page and rename them there and the plugin should pick up the new names
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                X