Trane Thermostat issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Thermostat issue

So I think that my Trane stat downstairs is not taking very accurate temp readings, and as a result my AC runs pretty much all night long. I am going to try and mitigate this some events that trigger every couple of hours raising and lowering the setpoints, but I had another thought.

The Trane stat has a setting that allows you to set an offset. I have it set on 2 degrees, but I was thinking that it would probably solve my issues if I could trigger an action at night that put the offset to 4 degrees and put it back to 2 degrees in the morning.

Is this possible in BLStat right now?

I am thinking I may have to open a support call with Trane and get the stat replaced (Or as an additional troubleshooting step I may swap it with the one upstairs to see if they both have the same issue downstairs), but in the meantime I am trying to get my electric bill under control as my AC runs almost constantly from 7PM to 7 AM, never stopping for more than 9 minutes at a time (The min off time setting).

Chewie,

those settings/are not.in the.zwave control apis. those are manual to the stat. been there done that.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Did you have similar issues with your stats holding temps correctly? I appear to have one that works fine, and one that does not.

Comment

no, i did not have those issues. i have had terrible zwave issues though. still working out the bgs.

on the other installs i did, they have been flawless
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I have the Trane t-Stat working since April. Works great, much better than the Honeywell stat it replaced. I love it.

I have another one still in the box. I sure hope it works! I intend to use it with a Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump that I am purchasing.

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            I have the Trane t-Stat working since April. Works great, much better than the Honeywell stat it replaced. I love it.

I have another one still in the box. I sure hope it works! I intend to use it with a Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump that I am purchasing.

Steve Q
            Hi, Steve.

I have a two-unit zoned Trane system with Honeywell zoning. I have the Honeywell VisionPro IAQ stats. Are those the ones you replaced? Do you know if the Trane stats work with zoning?

Thanks,
            Kevin

Comment

Kevin

I do not have a zoned system. I currently have one HVAC unit. I will be adding a second heat pump (primarily for AC). I will be using a second Trane t-stat for that unit. Both will be controlled by Homeseer. I have no idea if the Trane t-stats will work with a zoned system, but I would assume they should. I think the controller board of your zoned system should be handle almost any t-stat.

Steve Q
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I have HS2 Pro but have not done any climate control yet. Is there only one Trane stat that will work? What one do you use?

Thanks,
                Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                  Thanks, Steve. I have HS2 Pro but have not done any climate control yet. Is there only one Trane stat that will work? What one do you use?

Thanks,
                  Kevin
                  Kevin,
                  Here's the Trane as well as other stats that work with HomeSeer.
                  http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-C67.aspx
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, Rupp.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X