Blstat schedule issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blstat schedule issue

I am trying to get the schedule's to work the way I think it's suppose to. The schedule seems to work for me and set the proper setpoints at the right times but only at those stated times. Right now I am able to make manual changes to the thermostats without blstat ever reverting to the schedule that is set.

IE cool setpoint is set to 71 in the schedule.

I change the setpoint manually to 77. And it just stays there. Never reverts.

Under the thermostats page it says the
    Thermostat is in RUN Mode and reflects the manually set setpoint of 77 even though the schedule says 71 and the options should revert after a minute if I am understanding everything correctly.

Probably 1 time out of 10 it will say Manual Mode and says the countdown is 1 minute away. 10 minutes pass and its still set at my manual setpoint.

Options I have enabled

-On the thermostats options page these are enabled
    -Manual Setpoint Changes is
    Enabled
    Activate Immediate Timer
    Schedule Overrides Manual Changes

Allow manual setpoint changes for 1 minutes before resuming the thermostat schedule

On the main options page I have set
    Operating State Control

My other issue is how to get BLSTAT to set the setpoints according to my schedule when the schedule is loaded by an event. I have an event that when I lock my door that it loads a schedule that is heat 62 and cool 82. The schedule gets loaded but doesn't change the values until a time I set in the schedule crosses. And vice versa. So if I my schedule is set to change at 12 pm and 6 pm and I leave at 3 PM. nothing happens until 6pm according to the schedule. Shouldn't the setpoints get set when the schedule is loaded based on the time? In this case, shouldn't it set the setpoint for the 12pm time. Or am I missing something?

I am running version 1.0.30 I also tried 1.0.27. Is there an older version where this works the way I am thinking? From what I have been reading on the forums and it seems everyone has the opposite problem of being unable to get it to stop reverting automatically.

Ok more info I unchecked operating state control. And now I can see My Thermostat is in Manual Mode for 1 minute. Except it just stays there. Never reverts back to my 71.

In my homeseer log every minute I get this message.

10/12/2011 4:19:58 AM BLStat error SetHoldOff(): Thermostat number (1) is not in Hold Mode
    Last edited by dinkme; October 12, 2011, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Well I finally got it working. Reverting back to schedule settings and loading schedule setpoints immediately.

If anyone has the same problem. In the end I disabled the operating state control on the options page and enabled polling on the thermostat in homeseer itself to 30 seconds. I left polling at 30 seconds in the blstat options as well. And now all works.

Comment

Hopefully someone follows my thread up to this point. Still having issues, narrowed my problem down to my thermostat being in auto mode.

-If the thermostat is in either heat mode or cool mode the schedule resets the setpoints accordingly.

-If the thermostat is in auto mode and I change the set point blstat never resets the setpoints according to the schedule.

Is this an intended function? Seems weird to wait till the thermostat is heating or cooling before making the adjustments.

Comment

I've also had problems with the plugin with my thermostat in AUTO mode. My workaround has been to set to COOL or HEAT and use homeseer events to change the mode depending on the indoor temperature. While not ideal, it works for me.

I've also noticed that my runtimes would not be correct if I had the thermostat in Auto Mode. THe main reason I want to use the plugin is for reporting of how long my HVAC runs.

If the plugin could fully support the thermostat in AUTO mode I would be extremely grateful...extremely grateful.

Comment

Working...
          X