Issues with BLStat and HoerstMann HRT4-ZW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with BLStat and HoerstMann HRT4-ZW

I just downloaded and tried the BLStats plugin, and I found it very nice. However, I have some issues that I can't figure out.

I have a Hoerstman HRT4-ZW thermostat. It is very basic, and controls electric panel heaters by direct association. I can set a desired Setpoint, and check the temperature on the device, and that's about it. No AUTO mode, no COOL mode, no Fan control. Just a basic thermostat.

I have made a schedule to lower the temperature during work hours and nighttime, and that works fine.

Problems I'm having: (using HS3PRO 3.0.0.55 and BLStats 2.0.27.0)

1. I have created an event that runs the increase or decrease temperature by 1 degree C. However when I run it, nothing happens. In the HS3 log I see that the event ran, but nothing about actually decreasing/increasing the Setpoint by 1 degree. In the Thermostat options page I have enabled manual Setpoint, and allowed +/-5 degree change for 120min.
    In the HS3 device page, I also see that the setpoint of the thermostat has not changed. Changing the setpoint directly on the device page (i.e not via the BLStats plugin) works fine, and I get a report in the log stating that the new setpoint is queued for whenever next the thermostat wakes up (it battery powered)

2. The way I have understood it the HOLD feature should allow me to hold a specific temperature for x amount of minutes, before the schedule kicks in again. I can't get this to work. Log says:
    SetHoldOn(): Hold mode not activated - The thermostat is not in Heat or Cool mode. So it appears that this Thermostat does not report that it is in Heat mode (although that's about all it can do) to the BLStats plugin. On the Main plugin page it always says that the thermostat is in RUN mode, and clicking HEAT, OFF or SET does nothing (and does not report anything to the log eighter)

As for the rest of the setup I have disabled FAN control, Cool Control, AUTO control and AUX control.

Hi there,

I have the same issues and I know Bob (Blade) is working on it. I guess logging a new ticket can help him working on the subject.

Redbull

Comment

The problem with these stats is that they do not have a thermostat mode device. At least when I checked they did not. That is the device used to control the mode of the stat.
      Have you tried the latest BLStat in the updater?
      I did just add the ability to force a mode in the thermostat options.
      I am curious what it shows for this stat.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hiya Bob,

I just installed 2.0.28 with the force function to see whats happening on the HRT4-ZW:
        Date/TimeMessage TypeThermostatMessage02/12/2014 21:53:48InformationZ-Wave Interface Horstmann Controls Thermostat Node 15 (1)Thermostat Mode forced back to OFF

Does this help you?

Redbull

Comment

What force mode did you use?
          It looks like you set it to OFF
          I would have thought you would have set it to HEAT
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hiya Bob,

I tried both, but only posted the entry with off. Both gave unfortunatlty the same result

Redbull

Comment

Working...
            X