Mode Shows "Off" instead of "Heat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mode Shows "Off" instead of "Heat"

Just moved to HS3 from HS2 and registered my BLSTAT, on version 2.0.54.0. I've noticed on the Thermostat page, the mode shows as OFF rather than HEAT, which the thermostats are set to presently. This displayed correctly in HS2.

I key some events off of the mode value. Is this something incorrect in the display or is there something I've missed in configuration? Attached is a screenshot showing the issue.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Can you try 2.0.55 in the updater
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I will load it today. A couple of observations before I do: if I set the mode to heat on the Thermostat page, it still shows off. However, if I go to the Device Management page, and set the mode to heat, it displays correctly back on the Thermostat page.

Comment

I loaded the new version yesterday. Last night one of my thermostats went into ESM (emergency system mode) and the temperature went down to 65 (should have been set to 68 at 11pm via schedule). I tried to troubleshoot, and finally ended up restarting HS3. When I did, the mode of both thermostats was showing blank on the BLSTAT page, and unknown on the Device Management page. So I set them both to heat on the DM page.

I did have polling turned off, but not have set it to 5 minutes to see if this would remedy some issues. On HS2, I had polling off, and the thermostats reported their temperature periodically in the log, and their status updated the BLSTAT page pretty immediately (fan, heating, etc.). It seems to lag quite a while on HS3, but that could be an HS3 Zwave issue, as I've seen it miss events with light switches in my home if they are manually operated.

Sorry for the long message. Any thoughts?

Comment

There used to be calls in the old HS2 Thermostat API that I could use in order to get the current values of the thermostat. These do not exist in HS3 so I am doing it using device value changes which should be working.

Can you turn on debug logging in the plugin and then capture the plugin not seeing a mode change - also run the thermostats page in the plugin, then turn off debug logging.

Log a help desk ticket on my web site and then attach the BLStat-Detailed.log file zipped to the help desk ticket. The log will be in the HS3 root folder
          I can then see what is going on

Also, do me a favor and run the script in this thread and attach the output log to the help desk ticket zipped as well

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160997
          Last edited by Blade; February 13, 2015, 03:43 PM.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I just changed the heat setpoint and mode multiple times on my Trane thermostat and it reported the change perfectly in BLStat

This has to be something on your end. Have you tried removing the thermostat and adding it again.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X