X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Why not use BLStat schedules? Use an event to load an "away" schedule when you leave, then load a "home" schedule when you return. Wen you load a schedule the set points will change. We use multiple work, home, away and vacation schedules and load them all with events. We also have a thermostat in each of 8 zones that get schedules loaded. We don't control set points independly, it is all with schedules.

A temperature can be overridden locally and options in BLStat determine when it returns to schedule.
    Never thought about that, but I think that would the easiest option, if it wasn't for the way I determine the schedule. Every morning at 4 am I take outside and inside temperatures (in future version I will also take the weather forecast min and max temperatures into account) to determine which schedule to load. I have (so far) 4 schedules for the main thermostat, off, mornings only, mornings and evenings, cold and very cold. Problem is now obviously when we come home during the day. So maybe setting a (another) virtual device as cheeryfool suggested is the best option. I am just reluctant to create a mass of virtual devices.
    @rprade How exactly do you solve this problem, how do you control your schedules ?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Why not use BLStat schedules? Use an event to load an "away" schedule when you leave, then load a "home" schedule when you return. Wen you load a schedule the set points will change. We use multiple work, home, away and vacation schedules and load them all with events. We also have a thermostat in each of 8 zones that get schedules loaded. We don't control set points independly, it is all with schedules.

A temperature can be overridden locally and options in BLStat determine when it returns to schedule.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    How about a virtual device that stores the value from the schedule and gets updated every time the schedule changes. Then use Spud's EasyTrigger to set the real set point to the virtual device value when the house changes and becomes 'home'

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    started a topic How can I read scheduled setpoint

How can I read scheduled setpoint

Here is what I want to do. When we leave the house, it turns the heating down, I am sending a manual setpoint change to my Horstman thermostat, I send a setpoint of 18. Upon our return, I would like to read the current schedule setpoint corresponding with the time. I have various schedules depending on outside temperatures, time etc. So it would be easiest when the house state changes to home to read the setpoint in BLStat, and then send that to the thermostat to change it back to what it should be.
    Is that possible ?
Working...
X