This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No "Life Remaining" status since BLUPS version update

The BLUPS plug-in was working great until I updated to 2.0.24.0 a few weeks ago. Since then the "Life Remaining" device has string "N/A" and value is "0". All other devices seem to be fine.

My power failure events rely on Life Remaining time to shut the PC down once battery life reaches a couple minutes remaining. Help!!

Failing a fix of the new version, how can I go back to the previous one that seemed to work fine for me?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
    The BLUPS plug-in was working great until I updated to 2.0.24.0 a few weeks ago. Since then the "Life Remaining" device has string "N/A" and value is "0". All other devices seem to be fine.

My power failure events rely on Life Remaining time to shut the PC down once battery life reaches a couple minutes remaining. Help!!

Failing a fix of the new version, how can I go back to the previous one that seemed to work fine for me?

Thanks!
    Update! I discovered that the UPS had a dead battery (surprised since they were only 6 months old) and once replaced, it still showed 1 or 2 minutes remaining. BLUPS still showed 0 minutes. I had to plug the UPS into an old computer that still had APC Powerchute installed. Did a self-test, no change. Finally clicked the "Battery Icon" to indicate the batteries were replaced. Then the Life Remaining came back to 28 minutes as it should be. Plugged back into HS and BLUPS reported 28 minutes same as the UPS display and Powerchute. I guess it was just a coincidence that the battery failed at the same time as I installed the new version of BLUPS.

So, no fault of BLUPS - sorry to suggest blame in the wrong place!

Good news - we now know we can use the conditions of 0 Life Remaining and 100% battery charge to trigger a battery fault event and know when to replace the battery.

Feature request: Can you add a feature to BLUPS to tell the UPS the batteries have been replaced so I don't have to connect it to APC Powerchute?

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out
      I have stuck this thread so hopefully it may help others
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
      X