Trigger on "Battery drops below"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger on "Battery drops below"

Sorry to restart an old thread (I read thru the old post), but how is the "battery level drops below" supposed to work? In my setup, the trigger "on battery power" and "on AC power" works fine. But my "drops below %" never fires?

I basically have 4 events.

event 1: if BLUPS is on battery, send an email - WORKS OK
    event 2: if BLUPS battery drops below 40% send email - DOES NOT FIRE
    event 3: if BLUPS battery drops below 15% shutdown homeseer - DOES NOT FIRE
    event 4: if BLUPS is on AC, send an email - WORKS OK

I noticed that events 2, 3, and 4 all fired when power was restored.

Is there a nuance or tweak to make event 2 and 3 work? I read in the older post about the % threshold only fires a single time. Is it because I have 2 drops below events?

Thanks

I use the trigger below and it seems to work fine. But, for determining when the battery is almost dead, I use the time remaining rather than battery percent. That way I make sure there is enough time to do an orderly shutdown of HS and the PC regardless of the UPS load. IE 10% battery remaining could be 5 minutes, or it could be 15 seconds depending on the load at the time.
    IF UPS BLUPS Battery Percentage changes and becomes a value in the range of 0 to 10"

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
      I use the trigger below and it seems to work fine. But, for determining when the battery is almost dead, I use the time remaining rather than battery percent. That way I make sure there is enough time to do an orderly shutdown of HS and the PC regardless of the UPS load. IE 10% battery remaining could be 5 minutes, or it could be 15 seconds depending on the load at the time.
      IF UPS BLUPS Battery Percentage changes and becomes a value in the range of 0 to 10"
      That's a good idea. I will give that a try.

Comment

Also remember you can trigger on a change, then evaluate the level with one or more conditions.

event 2:
        IF BLUPS battery has a value that just changed (you could also use was set or changed)
        AND IF BLUPS battery is less than 40% send email

You would want to set a "Cannot Re-Run for:" to limit the number of emails you get, otherwise you will get one every time the battery level is changed and below 40%. If your event 2 had worked, it would have the same problem.
        event 3:
        IFf BLUPS battery is set or changed
        AND IF BLUPS battery is below 15% shutdown homeseer

I have no idea why your events didn't work. It should have worked if your trigger was "IF BLUPS had its value set and is below 40%" (or below 15%).

I would have to see a screenshot of the 2 events and of the Status Graphics and Advanced tabs of the BLUPS battery device, in order to see why.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I have no idea why your events didn't work. It should have worked if your trigger was "IF BLUPS had its value set and is below 40%" (or below 15%).

I would have to see a screenshot of the 2 events and of the Status Graphics and Advanced tabs of the BLUPS battery device, in order to see why.
          That could be why it was not working. I was using the "BLUPS battery" event trigger, not the "device had a value set" trigger.

I changed it to device value change and will test it after the battery charges back up again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.28.00 PM.png
Views:	179
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	1260725

Here is the device properties for percentage:

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.28.45 PM.png
Views:	169
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	1260726