Not responding to or logging quick power interruptions: BLUPS 2.0.24.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not responding to or logging quick power interruptions: BLUPS 2.0.24.0

BLUPS is not responding to or logging quick power interruptions since it's been installed. I can replicate this by flipping the breaker OFF/ON very quickly. The UPS logs the interruption but not BLUPS. I have a fan controller that needs to be power cycled after quick power interruptions and BLUPS is not helping. How can I get BLUPS to recognize and respond to quick power interruptions?

BLUPS 2.0.24.0 on "Windows Embedded Standard" with HS3 v3.0.0.500

I had the opposite problem. Mine was responding to quick power blips when it wasn't necessary. I had to build in a 6 second delay so power has to be off 6 seconds before I call it a real power failure. I notice you are using a very old version of HS3. You might update to the latest and see if that makes any difference.

Have you tried turning on the BLUPS logging to see if it tells you anything?

What kind of a fan controller are you using that craps out on a power blip? Maybe the best answer is to fix the fan controller so it doesn't fail.

Comment

Burrington, thanks for your response. I enabled debug logging and it did not log anything. I eliminated the fan controller, but I would like it to detect brief outages for other reasons. I have UPB lighting that on a rare occasion (twice in 7yrs) freaks out with dirty power. If the dirty power is detected, then I can have Homeseer reset them. Also, i'd like to turn off the heatpump and dehumidifier in such cases to prevent undue strain.

Comment

Working...
      X