Tripp Lite not found - W10 / HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripp Lite not found - W10 / HS4

Wondering if this PI will interface with Tripp Lite UPS over USB on Win10?
    Windows 10, HS4, PI ver 2.0.26.0
    I have 2 installed and they show up as tripp lite UPS in the Win10 control panel devices - They do not show up in the device manager as Batteries. Probably due to MS removing the UPS service from W10.
    When I enable the plug in it shows WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus
    The Log shows Initializing plug-in(1): BLUPS Instance::No UPS battery exists on this system so this plugin will not run!
    Power chute was installed a while ago but removed. Drivers are windows.

I am using a Tripplite UPS and Windows 10 Version 2004 build 19041.450 via USB. I just installed the plugin and appears to be working as expected.

Check this out, it might help.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...e-found-solved

Comment

Thanks Marty_B I saw that post earlier.
      I think the issue is that the UPS connections are showing up as an Human Interface Device - not a Battery. Apparently, this is supposed to trigger other options in the power schemes, but it doesn't seem to work there either. I've tried all types of things to get them to show up as a battery - none have worked so far. Just tried the Tripp Lite App and there's no comm there either so this is most likely a W10 issue.

Comment

My APC UPS shows up in Device Manager as "Batteries" > "HID UPS Battery".

Is there another driver installed for that port? APC UPS software (Powerchute) installs a device driver that prevents the BLUPS plugin from seeing the UPS. I had to uninstall the device driver and let it go back to its natural windows driver (dated 2006!) to make BLUPS work. It may be the same issue with the Trip Lite UPS???

Comment

Working...
        X