Is serial not supported by BLUPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is serial not supported by BLUPS

I have a windows 10 PRto running HS 2 Pro, trying to get it to recognize my APC Smart-UPS 700 with a serial port on it.
    I have the proper signaling cable, and I tried using it first with a USP adapter then moving it to my only serial port.
    no matter what I do I can't get BLUPS to recognize there is a UPS attached. I even tried another UPS, an APC Back-JUPS 500 with a serial port.
    nothing. so finally I plugged it into a laptop running Win 10 and downloaded the Powerchute software and it sees it and does everything it should on the laptop.

What am I missing on the HomeSeer computer? I don't want to install PowerChute on it just to delete it but does it need something installed in Windows, or HS, or the plug-in ?

thanks in advance for any help.

Roger

The Powerchute driver prevents BLUPS from seeing the UPS. There are several other threads on this board about that. Basically you need to uninstall Powerchute and also remove the Powerchute driver. After that it works very well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but you missed what I'm saying.
      HS and the plugin don't see the battery at all no matter what config I used for the connection and I never installed the Powerchute software on the HS machine.
      What I did was install Powerchute on another machine to verify that my cables and UPS were good and able to communicate, which they are and it does.
      There is nothing wrong with my UPS or the cables, but HS and the plugin, actually the computer itself, all refuse to see the battery.

Comment

Does Windows see your UPS (without Powerchute)?

Comment

Nope, that's the other problem, I can't seem to get the computer itself to know if has batteries.
          when I plug it into my laptop, it shows...but it is already looking for batteries.
          I can't seem to find anywhere to make the PC with HS know that it has batteries.
          That'sd why I was wondering if I had to install Powerchute to get the system to know it has batteries, then remove the powerchute program and let HS take over.

Comment

Working...
          X