Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer detecting Power Outages

I've enabled debug logging, but nothing seems to enter the logs

The green is today's test, the power switch is off and the only thing that's updating is what's in green.

The red was the last successfully test.
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Oh and I'm on version 2.0.17.0
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Blade,
      Get a chance to look into this yet? No rush, just asking..
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Not yet... no one else has reported it
        Do you have any powerchute software installed. That will block windows.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

No Sir..
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

So I shut the plug-in down and then removed it. Re-installed and still have the same results.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Log a help desk ticket but provide a debug log of the issue happening and attach the debug log zipped to the ticket
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                So I shut the plug-in down and then removed it. Re-installed and still have the same results.
                A few months ago, something similar happened to me. What eventually worked was uninstalling Blups & deleting the Blups devices, unplugging the UPS USB cable, deleting the UPS device in Windows, restarting the Hometroller and restarting the UPS. After that, I installed the USB cable, waited for Windows to do it's thing and installed Blups.

It worked after that.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Log a help desk ticket but provide a debug log of the issue happening and attach the debug log zipped to the ticket
                  The log request is going to be a problem I think, as it's not updating...

Once the plug-in is installed and debugging turned on, this is all I get. (I have shut the power down to the UPS twice over the last 25 min.
                  Attached Files
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                    A few months ago, something similar happened to me. What eventually worked was uninstalling Blups & deleting the Blups devices, unplugging the UPS USB cable, deleting the UPS device in Windows, restarting the Hometroller and restarting the UPS. After that, I installed the USB cable, waited for Windows to do it's thing and installed Blups.

It worked after that.

- Robert
                    I tried it, and thought at first it was working, but then it stopped again.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

If there is an error in any window API calls they should show up in the debug log
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Spent a bit a time on this, and it appears that the windows UPS (APC) monitoring connection cannot survive a reboot.

So I had to abandon BLUPS and move to the APCUPSD solution, as it seams that driver can handle a reboot.

So bottom line, it's a Windows 8.1 problem on my machine..
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Same Issue

I am seeing this same issue running on Windows 10.... very frustrating.

Comment

I saw this... running win10 - so thought i'd check. the dashboard concerned me... with the date 5/21/1929 for the root status????

but i ran a test, and it worked fine.

any idea what the date is all about?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, I see the same thing for the root device...

Never noticed until you brought it up.

Otherwise, works fine.

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X