Syntax error calling calender from event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syntax error calling calender from event

When i call calender from an event using "RetVal = hs.PluginFunction(Calendar, '', GetEvents())" I get a syntax error.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Can you zip and post the Calendar.log file?
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

As Requested.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I could not figure out why script command doesn't work as it looks exactly like previous versions that did work, but I did find typo's in the help file and corrected them. The event run script does work though if you want to use it.

create a script like follows:

Code:
        Sub Main(parm As Object)

Dim RetVal As Integer
            RetVal = hs.PluginFunction("Calendar", "", "CheckEvents", Nothing)

End Sub
        this works for me, I am still trying to figure out why command does not work, I added a few other enhancements as well and submitted to updater. The new version is 3.0.0.31
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

The new version is not in the updater yet. it is still 3.0.0.20, I'll keep watching and let you know how it goes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
            I could not figure out why script command doesn't work as it looks exactly like previous versions that did work, but I did find typo's in the help file and corrected them. The event run script does work though if you want to use it.

create a script like follows:

Code:
            Sub Main(parm As Object)

Dim RetVal As Integer
            RetVal = hs.PluginFunction("Calendar", "", "CheckEvents", Nothing)

End Sub
            this works for me, I am still trying to figure out why command does not work, I added a few other enhancements as well and submitted to updater. The new version is 3.0.0.31
            That works as a script, but calender has stopped announcing events, just say's there are no events today. Version3.0.0.31 is not showing in the updater just 2.0.0.20 which I have! Is there a way to download it directly?
            sigpic

Comment

Update: 3.0.0.31 has appeared in the updater, dowloaded, will not run. Error is Not compatible with OS!!! I am running Windows XP Pro c with all updates except last months and Net4.

Not to worry, I think, I am about to switch HS to Windows 2016 Server and hopfully that will solve the problem.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X