How Does it Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Does it Work?

I installed the Plug-in and I have no idea how it works.

I added a new '#Tag', but not sure what to do next.

Hi. For Flash the creating a set is just a handy tool to group devices together. The real device control occurs in actions where you can assign a state to an indicator.

For example you may create an event that checks the state of the garage door and if its open after a certain time set an indicator (or a group of indicators) to show red. You may have a different rule that says if the alarm is not set after 9pm then set a red indicator. Flash will combine the different settings (in this case red and yellow) and automatically alternate the indicator.

This way you just need to turn the yellow on/off for the garage door and not worry about your other events colliding. Flash will manage as many different indications concurrently as you can come up with.

Comment

Sorry, but I still don't get it.

Not sure what you mean by 'indicator'?
      Do you have an example with screen shots?

Comment

Some progress...

I finally discovered: Cps Flash: Control a flash sequence

But when I use that, I get the following error:
        Error calling the plug-in to get Action UI: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key

nothing additional in the log.

Comment

I apologize, this is the first anyone has reported this. I am currently traveling so will need to do a code review next week and figure this out. I'll keep you updated. My apologies!

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
            Some progress...

I finally discovered: Cps Flash: Control a flash sequence

But when I use that, I get the following error:
            Error calling the plug-in to get Action UI: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key

nothing additional in the log.
            This issue is resolved after I finally reproduced it, new update available in the updater.

Comment

Can you please make some how to pds for your plugins? thanks

Comment

Yes. Im currently working on an upgrade to Scene Master, but post that and one other plan timer plugin I'll loop through and build some better examples. Thanks!

Comment

So you plan to do another plugin .nice

Comment

Working...
                  X