Controlling WD200 Indicator LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling WD200 Indicator LEDs

I'd like to be able to use the Flash plugin to control the colored dimming level LEDs on my WD100 Dimmers.

Here's how I'm currently using these indicators:
    • The LED indicators are set to "White" under normal circumstances.
    • If any of my locks are jammed, I turn them all Red
    • If any water sensor is wet, I turn them all Blue.
    • Other colors are used for other sensor / state scenarios
    Under this scenario, you can only indicate one condition at a time.

What I'd like to be able to do is to have the LED indicators flash between indicated colors. So if I have a jammed lock and wet sensor, the WD200 indicators would change from Red->Blue->Red->Blue, etc. Perhaps with a variable rate (leave at a particular color for 5 seconds, then change to the next).

Can this be done with the current plugin version (I don't think it can).

If not, can you consider adding this? I'd envision the plugin would take a simple bit field, perhaps set in a variable which my other events could alter. The bit field would indicate the colors to be rotated between. Or perhaps an "Add to Sequence" action could be used -- basically setting up a way in which additional events could "add" to the colors being flashed or take away from them without each event having to understand and consider the status of all the other sensors / sequences.

"What I'd like to be able to do is to have the LED indicators flash between indicated colors. So if I have a jammed lock and wet sensor, the WD200 indicators would change from Red->Blue->Red->Blue, etc. Perhaps with a variable rate (leave at a particular color for 5 seconds, then change to the next)."

Thats exactly why at the plugin does today. You use actions to add status to a flash event, so in your above example in your 'lock is jammed' and 'lock is ok' events you add (for the jammed case) or remove (for the ok case) that part of the sequence. The plugin then merges all the active sequences together and runs them through the indicator. You can control how long each color flashes and if it flashes multiple times (e.g. 3 red in a row means front door, 4 flashed means back door), the duration of that sequence, and the gap between them. Look at the Flash actions available in the event editor.

Latest version, also soon to be pushed to general release: http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt Fixes are mostly performance, much lower CPU usage overall.

Comment

So maybe I am not understanding this.

Using CPS Flash, If I select the WD200 switch's "light" device - I can control an on/off sequence for the loaditself, getting it to flash, etc., but that wasn't what I was referring to. I wanted to control the seven RBG dimming level LEDs on the switch which show the level of power being sent to the load. These are normally controlled using a "Z-Wave Action" from the HomeSeer Actions menu or are controlled by setting Z-Wave Parameters #s 14, 21-27, 30-31. See: https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uplo...0-Manual-5.pdf.

Normally, HomeSeer also allows me to control All of the dimming level LEDs on all of my WD200 switches with a single Z-Wave Action command as shown in the figure below, or else I can select specific dimming indicators to control. I can't see any way that CPS Flash allows me to control these WD200 dimmer level indicators (as opposed to controlling the load device). Maybe you were assuming these LEDs were controlled like a light device and haven't actually tested with this Homeseer device? Or maybe I'm just a bit dense right now and am missing something.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture WD200.PNG Views:	1 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	1260131

And here's what I get when I try to use CPS Flash to the device ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	273
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	1260136
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jvm; November 17, 2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I was totally asumíng these devices exposed the indicators as say the Hs motion sensor does. If not these aren’t exposed to other plugins. I will guess that Rich does plan to support these natively. Have you checked the latest zwave betas?

Comment

I think you were post 4 as I was clarifying the issue in post 3 so take a look there. They're exposed through Z-Wave parameter settings and in the "Z-Wave Actions" event action, but don't appear as a separate device in HomeSeer. I'm using the latest beta of HomeSeer and of the Z-Wave plugin.
          Last edited by jvm; November 18, 2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
            I think you were post 4 as I was clarifying the issue in post 3 so take a look there. They're exposed through Z-Wave parameter settings and in the "Z-Wave Actions" event action, but don't appear as a separate device in HomeSeer. I'm using the latest beta of HomeSeer and of the Z-Wave plugin.
            There is no access to the zwave params by other plugins, Blade had the same issue wanting to control lock keypad PINS. Needed HS to add an API. The quickest solution here is unfortunately to have HS properly add devices for the indicators like they do with their other devices.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

There is no access to the zwave params by other plugins, Blade had the same issue wanting to control lock keypad PINS. Needed HS to add an API. The quickest solution here is unfortunately to have HS properly add devices for the indicators like they do with their other devices.
              Parameters can be set using script commands, so other plugins should be able to do so as well. Here's an example of a script that sets a z-wave parameter:

Code:
              Sub Main(parms As String)
                  Dim logName As String = "Z-Wave Param"                'set log name for HS log
                  Dim debug As Boolean = True

Dim param as String() = parms.Split("|")
                  Dim HomeID as String = "003DABCD"
                  Dim NodeID as String = param(0)
                  Dim ParamNumber as String = param(1)
                  Dim Value as String = param(2)
                  Dim ConfigResult As Integer = 0
                  Dim ConfigResultVal() As String = {" is Unknown"," is Successful"," has been Queued"," has Failed"}

Try
                      ConfigResult = hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "Configuration_Set", {HomeID, Convert.ToByte(NodeID), Convert.ToByte(ParamNumber), Convert.ToByte(1), Convert.ToInt32(Value)})
                      If Debug Then hs.WriteLog(logName, "Result of Parameter " & ParamNumber & " change to " & Value & " on Node " & NodeID & ConfigResultVal(ConfigResult))
                  Catch ex As Exception
                      hs.writelog(logName, "Error:  " & ex.Message.ToString)
                  End Try

End Sub
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

How could they add the “proper” devices? There are between 1 and 7 LEDs which can be addressed individually or all, in one of two modes and blinking or not. I suppose it could be exposed with 4 child devices 1) status/normal, 2) LEDs 1-7/all, 3) color and 4) blink on-off. Blink frequency could also be added in a 5th child. It would be a busy device.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Parameters can be set using script commands, so other plugins should be able to do so as well. Here's an example of a script that sets a z-wave parameter:

Code:
                  Sub Main(parms As String)
                  Dim logName As String = "Z-Wave Param" 'set log name for HS log
                  Dim debug As Boolean = True

Dim param as String() = parms.Split("|")
                  Dim HomeID as String = "003DABCD"
                  Dim NodeID as String = param(0)
                  Dim ParamNumber as String = param(1)
                  Dim Value as String = param(2)
                  Dim ConfigResult As Integer = 0
                  Dim ConfigResultVal() As String = {" is Unknown"," is Successful"," has been Queued"," has Failed"}

Try
                  ConfigResult = hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "Configuration_Set", {HomeID, Convert.ToByte(NodeID), Convert.ToByte(ParamNumber), Convert.ToByte(1), Convert.ToInt32(Value)})
                  If Debug Then hs.WriteLog(logName, "Result of Parameter " & ParamNumber & " change to " & Value & " on Node " & NodeID & ConfigResultVal(ConfigResult))
                  Catch ex As Exception
                  hs.writelog(logName, "Error: " & ex.Message.ToString)
                  End Try

End Sub
                  Thank you, I was not aware of this... Much apprecaited.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                    I'd like to be able to use the Flash plugin to control the colored dimming level LEDs on my WD100 Dimmers.
                    If not, can you consider adding this? I'd envision the plugin would take a simple bit field, perhaps set in a variable which my other events could alter. The bit field would indicate the colors to be rotated between. Or perhaps an "Add to Sequence" action could be used -- basically setting up a way in which additional events could "add" to the colors being flashed or take away from them without each event having to understand and consider the status of all the other sensors / sequences.
                    Just an FYI that i haven't forgotten about this request, I started coding it up today. I have to work through some architectural things since the plugin today is really device based. No ETA right now, but actively coding on this, most likely mid Jan or before I will have something ready for you to test.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 6.36.43 PM.png
Views:	275
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	1270338

Comment

"What I'd like to be able to do is to have the LED indicators flash between indicated colors. So if I have a jammed lock and wet sensor, the WD200 indicators would change from Red->Blue->Red->Blue, etc. Perhaps with a variable rate (leave at a particular color for 5 seconds, then change to the next)."

Thats exactly why at the plugin does today. You use actions to add status to a flash event, so in your above example in your 'lock is jammed' and 'lock is ok' events you add (for the jammed case) or remove (for the ok case) that part of the sequence. The plugin then merges all the active sequences together and runs them through the indicator. You can control how long each color flashes and if it flashes multiple times (e.g. 3 red in a row means front door, 4 flashed means back door), the duration of that sequence, and the gap between them. Look at the Flash actions available in the event editor.

Latest version, also soon to be pushed to general release: http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt Fixes are mostly performance, much lower CPU usage overall.
                      Hi Bill

Will try to play with flash soon. Is that the last version?

thanks

Comment

Yep, that link is the latest. Will push another but after the initial HS switch work is done, so if your not waiting on that you should be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X