not updating on manual device change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not updating on manual device change

Hey Bill, it appears that the 1.3.4 beta is not updating the SceneMaster root device when one of the member devices is changed. So, for example, if everything is off and you turn on a light, i expect that the root device changes to an Unknown profile state. At least that's how it used to work I think. I have a bunch of scripts for composite virtual devices that trigger based on scenemaster being changed, and it's no longer happening. and that leaves me with conflicting State all over the place....
    it's late, but i'm 90% sure on this -- will try to confirm tomorrow.

I reverted back to the released version and it works as I thought. Seems that 1.3.4 is broken in this regard. two snips attached are from released code and show what i expect to happen to scenemaster when a member device is changed. notice i use the change in scenemaster root to trigger a script that sets the proper value in a composite (IsOn) device for HSTouch display. kinda critical to me as my whole structure revolves around this,, every room is similar..... not sure if it's the best way but it works ok. thanks - mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	scenemaster A.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1238527
    Click image for larger version

Name:	scenemaster B.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1238526

Comment

Just seeing this, I will work on reproducing today and getting an update out asap, defiantly don't want you broken.

Comment

I think I found it, but need to do a bit more validation. I'll post here, worst case it will be tomorrow AM (FYI)

Comment

no worries, i'm stable on the released version. Take your time, i'm happy to test when it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
            no worries, i'm stable on the released version. Take your time, i'm happy to test when it's ready.
            Update pushed with this fix. Thank you again for catching it!

Comment

Hi ,

the ''Use member device state cache to determine if a member device should be updated', can't be cheked with version 1.3.6.

And the dim do not work.

question: is it possible to exclude a device in a scene profile?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                Hi ,

the ''Use member device state cache to determine if a member device should be updated', can't be cheked with version 1.3.6.

And the dim do not work.

I will go look at both those now. On your question; yes in 1.3.x you can select 'No Change' for a device to ignore it for that profile.

Best
                Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                  On your question; yes in 1.3.x you can select 'No Change' for a device to ignore it for that profile.
                  omg lol, missed this one thanks

Comment

Hi ,

And the dim do not work.

1.3.7.0 pushed to fix the checkbox issue and dim issues. As you can, please lmk if this fixes the above as expected.

Comment

WORKS! i can report that 1.3.7.2 seems great in terms of the "update on manual device changes" issue. thanks for the fix -- i'll stay on this beta and let it burn in.
                      BTW, super fast loads now -- v1.2 took literally 15 SECONDS to initialize, and 1.3.7 just loaded in 300ms. very nice.

Comment

I will try tonight or tomorow . Thank you

Comment

The dimmer now works. but i can'tr activate a profile from the device page.

But I can activate the profile with the test profile button on your plugin page.

Do i hjave to desactivate the profilke each time i pres on another profil button?

Comment

update :
                            the plugin act strangely.. When i use the dimer my lights change randomly..

it would have been nice to be able to use the plugin as a room group control for lights but i do not think it’ll work as of now.
                            I tried it with the old version and it was working.

What i would like is to be able to triger a scene whenever i want without having to do anything else.
                            Dim all the light in the group without the need to activate a profile first.
                            be able to use the caching feature of this plugin to set the light faster (for now i use nested events to acheive this and it work A1).

thank you
                            Last edited by ; August 9, 2018, 06:30 AM.

Comment

update :
                              the plugin act strangely.. When i use the dimer my lights change randomly..

it would have been nice to be able to use the plugin as a room group control for lights but i do not think it’ll work as of now.
                              I tried it with the old version and it was working.

What i would like is to be able to triger a scene whenever i want without having to do anything else.
                              Dim all the light in the group without the need to activate a profile first.
                              be able to use the caching feature of this plugin to set the light faster (for now i use nested events to acheive this and it work A1).

thank you
                              Matt can you give an example or two of what your seeing on the older version vs the beta, I'll work on getting an update out tackling those issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X