Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.3 Unable to set device DimMin and DimMax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy.lynch View Post
    I don't see Default Dim. Guess I'm confused why would I put a number higher than what the light can go?
    Im going to check with Mike who originally wrote the plugin, just want to verify his intention here (so I don't make a change that would effect all the existing use cases). I agree it seems the logic is backwards on the upper limit...

Comment

My thought on this is if you had 15 lights you could set the top end on each light in the secne and the dimming of the scene would make each light stop at the point in the max and then dimmed all the way down would be the bottom point you want each light to dim. That way the whole scene would dim together.

Comment

I dropped a note to Mike explaining (and also linking the thread), waiting on his input. I definitely see where you are going, right now the plugin seems to only allow you to set 100% brightness to come on earlier than expected. But not a light less than 100% while otter's are, that said, don't want to change the logic without confirmation and break existing users as many rely on their configs and I've been slow with this release to ensure I don't wind up breaking those (nothing worst than installing an update and your lights don't work!!)

Comment

No worries. Thanks for checking into this. I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Any word on this?

Comment

Any word on this?
              Still waiting on Mike, will ping him again now...

Comment

Just stopping by to check on this again?

Comment

Just stopping by to check on this again?
                  Mike still hasn't responded, so I am going to take another look and try to better understand the original intent and what needs to be done.

Comment

Awesome thanks. I'm hoping this equalizes the lights its be nice to set it at 30% on the bright lights and have the dim functionality on the scene adjust the light with the scene. This was my expectation in the way it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X