No announcement yet.

SceneMaster vs. Tags - Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bsobel I also would like to know if those cpu time are normal for tags and scene master?

edit removed screenshot . (personal info)

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
      bsobel I also would like to know if those cpu time are normal for tags and scene master?
      Matt, not sure which versions you are running, but certainly for Tags the latest has very noticeable CPU improvements. Ive still been collecting feedback, but so far everyone running the latest has reported good results.

SM:
      http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt

Tags

Can you try these versions and send me your feedback, I want to post them publicly in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Matt, not sure which versions you are running, but certainly for Tags the latest has very noticeable CPU improvements. Ive still been collecting feedback, but so far everyone running the latest has reported good results.

SM:

Tags

Can you try these versions and send me your feedback, I want to post them publicly in the next week or so.
        Hi Bill,

I already have the latest of scenemaster. And only use two scene for now.

For cps tag i have .42. Will try .43

Comment

Hi Bill,

I already have the latest of scenemaster. And only use two scene for now.

For cps tag i have .42. Will try .43
          Odd, even that version of Tags should have much lower CPU. Can you give me more info on your setup (number of devices, number of tag groups, how many events are tags used in)? Also your screen shot seems odd, why are there multiple entries for Tags, Scenemaster, and Wave? That seems wrong, is it possible you have some zombie processes running?

Comment

Please continue this here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...aster-cpu-time

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
              Kenm, I noticed you are using LED bulbs that are RGB?, and I wanted to ask what has worked best for you doing this, Tags/Scene Master... I am currently setting up AEOTEC RGB led lights around my house and I want to find the best or easiest way to assign colors and events to each that will also work with Alexa, I was hoping to find away to avoid setting every color RGB for every event, Any info or screen shots of something like this would be appreciated,
              Hi Billy,

I haven't really had a lot of time to work with it yet but I decided to go with SceneMaster for now since it matches my way of thinking more. I don't really think SM will reduce the color setup but it certainly will reduce the complexity of your events. For color settings, SM is limited to the 128 named colors and doesn't allow an #RGB value to be specified. At least not that I've found anywhere. (I'll make a feature request to Bill for this).

For events, rather than having several devices in the event, you only have a single device. (i.e. the device the the scene profile). All of the devices for a scene are identified in the scene and then the state(s) of the devices are defined in profiles. Each profile for each scene has a device. Turning on the device sets the profile state and turning the device off either reverts to the previous state or goes to All Off. The last part is user configurable per scene. Again, I'm not sure if SM really saves that much work but I prefer the profile settings UI of SM over the HS Event UI for configuring devices.

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet you can put one scene's profile device into another scene for even higher level control.

BTW, My Tags trial has expired but I may request another trial key after the first of the year so I can revisit this.

Hope this helps,
              Ken
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I have 8 tags. one of them have like 10-12 devices. the other one have less.

Some tags are used as condition , some as actions.

I have maybe 8-10 events with tags in. here is an exemple
                Hi Matt,

Can you start a new thread for your discussion?

Thanks,
                Ken
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yes sorry

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Hi Billy,

I haven't really had a lot of time to work with it yet but I decided to go with SceneMaster for now since it matches my way of thinking more. I don't really think SM will reduce the color setup but it certainly will reduce the complexity of your events. For color settings, SM is limited to the 128 named colors and doesn't allow an #RGB value to be specified. At least not that I've found anywhere. (I'll make a feature request to Bill for this).

For events, rather than having several devices in the event, you only have a single device. (i.e. the device the the scene profile). All of the devices for a scene are identified in the scene and then the state(s) of the devices are defined in profiles. Each profile for each scene has a device. Turning on the device sets the profile state and turning the device off either reverts to the previous state or goes to All Off. The last part is user configurable per scene. Again, I'm not sure if SM really saves that much work but I prefer the profile settings UI of SM over the HS Event UI for configuring devices.

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet you can put one scene's profile device into another scene for even higher level control.

BTW, My Tags trial has expired but I may request another trial key after the first of the year so I can revisit this.

Hope this helps,
                    Ken
                    Thanks again Ken for the info it does give me a better idea SM,I think im going to try it first and see if it can clean up my dimming events for outside and inside lights that i uses to have on my old ISY as scenes.. i am really, really hoping someone can find a way to manage the RGB scenes for all RGB lighting devices, This to me just being able to control all the RGB lighting would be worth buying a plug-in for so i hope Bill will consider this,

Comment

Thanks again Ken for the info it does give me a better idea SM,I think im going to try it first and see if it can clean up my dimming events for outside and inside lights that i uses to have on my old ISY as scenes.. i am really, really hoping someone can find a way to manage the RGB scenes for all RGB lighting devices, This to me just being able to control all the RGB lighting would be worth buying a plug-in for so i hope Bill will consider this,
                      I don't know about the Aeotec but I've been working with the Tuya bulbs and they have a lot of functionality. Cps (bsobel), the developer of this plugin) is also developing the Tuya Wifi plugin so I expect a lot of integration will happen down the road.

Comment

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to accomplish with the RGB bulbs? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to accomplish with the RGB bulbs? Thanks!
                          bsobel, yes let me see if can make my idea make sense.. I have a AEOTEC RGB bulb, and what I want to do is change the color based on events and allow family to use alexa to change the color to what they want. To create this setup I'm trying to set each option in devices and events for each color choice, or trigger and assign a VR device for Alexa, For the one bulb i have now that I'm setting up in my master bed room where I want to use it for security alerts, Room Light (white) and select colors using Alexa. I want to assign the colors to each event in a way that I don't have to set the devices RGB WW device to off/on for each bulb and every device action in events.i am trying to use group actions and events to help but when I look at the amount of events to run my setup up it seems to have excessive need to repeat the same command(s) many times and depending if its a time event or device trigger I will need to create even more to keep those separate events plus add the 5 event commands to change each colors for alexa. The basic idea for me was to have 1 or 2 of thes bulbs in each room of the house, and during the day/night or certain times at night have the white color for regular on/off room light using a remote, wall switch or alexa to operate them, then each bulb would also change color for ex 30 seconds depending on the event triggered ex motion sensor RED, drive way sensor Yellow , window/door sensor Purple, leak sensor BLUE etc , then change back to a white light, custom color or off depending on what the last state of the bulb was before tripped. I wanted family to be able to ask alexa to change the color to what every they want also. I've had HS3 for little over a month now but this seems to be complex for me to create this, HS3 had an option in device management and in events where there is a custom RGB option with a selector drop box that had like 99 presets but i contacted support and they said that feature is not usable at this time so I was hoping a plug-in or something might show up to help simplify the code of changing colors across multiple bulbs and having scenes to control the needed events. I cant imagine how many events it will take to get most of this working

Comment

bsobel, yes let me see if can make my idea make sense.. I have a AEOTEC RGB bulb, and what I want to do is change the color based on events and allow family to use alexa to change the color to what they want. To create this setup I'm trying to set each option in devices and events for each color choice, or trigger and assign a VR device for Alexa, For the one bulb i have now that I'm setting up in my master bed room where I want to use it for security alerts, Room Light (white) and select colors using Alexa. I want to assign the colors to each event in a way that I don't have to set the devices RGB WW device to off/on for each bulb and every device action in events.i am trying to use group actions and events to help but when I look at the amount of events to run my setup up it seems to have excessive need to repeat the same command(s) many times and depending if its a time event or device trigger I will need to create even more to keep those separate events plus add the 5 event commands to change each colors for alexa. The basic idea for me was to have 1 or 2 of thes bulbs in each room of the house, and during the day/night or certain times at night have the white color for regular on/off room light using a remote, wall switch or alexa to operate them, then each bulb would also change color for ex 30 seconds depending on the event triggered ex motion sensor RED, drive way sensor Yellow , window/door sensor Purple, leak sensor BLUE etc , then change back to a white light, custom color or off depending on what the last state of the bulb was before tripped. I wanted family to be able to ask alexa to change the color to what every they want also. I've had HS3 for little over a month now but this seems to be complex for me to create this, HS3 had an option in device management and in events where there is a custom RGB option with a selector drop box that had like 99 presets but i contacted support and they said that feature is not usable at this time so I was hoping a plug-in or something might show up to help simplify the code of changing colors across multiple bulbs and having scenes to control the needed events. I cant imagine how many events it will take to get most of this working
                            Ok I think I follow (need to re-read this again too). Let me chew on this, I have been working on a plugin called Links which is geared towards connecting devices (e.g. when this light is turned on, turn it off in 30 minutes Of when this light is on, ensure the hallway light is on too, etc). I have a similar need (I think) and my idea was to cross link all the RGB lights in say (the dining room) and then any color change to one bulb would reflect on the others. This way my events only worked with a single bulb or a single group. Tags can do this with a top down model (you can create a tag group of the bulbs and then push say a color change to the virtual device, which then will go to all the actual devices) but this handles the case where some other thing changes the lights as well (such a as Hue remote, etc) by keeping all in sync. And for events, you'd just need to talk to one bulb not all of them in a room, simplifying the events quite a bit.

Comment

YES! Thank you for looking into it!! that sounds like it would get the job done and simplify things.. i attached 2 events hopefully that will show what i'm working on.. i just see alot of events ,and Or IF lines, and vr devices to get bulbs/ led stips to change colors and play nice with rgb devices and using it with alexa, Which is to bad since Alexa supports color changing lights but the AEOTEC bulb is not supported

update FYI, I did some regular Google searching and It found a post in the forum where they had some LED RGB lights working so im going to head over there to see if I can do the same and get the Alexa light changing feature possibly working
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-3-api/page13
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ocyberbum; December 20, 2018, 01:25 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Trigger ( in this case it is a condition) ex
                                The event will chek the conditions every 3 minutes:
                                -if a device in the kitchen is in range of 0-100 for AT LEAST 5 minutes
                                -If all the devices in the tags ( 3 motions sensors ) has a value of 0 ( no motion) for AT LEAST 5 minutes
                                I'm workig on a plugin with the aim of eliminating most events, using device config screen instead. I.e. add multiple devices which will trigger the "ON" state (i.e. multiple motion sensors) - and then have a countdown timer to set the device back to "OFF". Any new trigger resets the timer. The countdown timer value can also depend on another state device, i.e. Occupancy Status, or a Scene, see picture. Interested to know your thoughts?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	155
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1271407

Comment

Working...
                                X