Ugh, Dead in the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, Dead in the water

I used the updater to download the trial version of this plugin (silly me) and didn't get far. I created a scene but when I tried to add members to it the page just hangs. I gave it 30 minutes and then killed the page. Thought I'd try disabling and re-enabling the plugin but the Manage page hangs as well. Had to shutdown and restart HS to get to the Plugins->Manage page again. Next I selected Plugins->SceneMaster->SceneMaster Scene Config and I get the same hang. Restarted HS again, went straight to Plugins->Manage and Disabled the plugin.

Guess what? The latest version in the updater is 1.2.2.0 which is almost 3 years old. I see posts about 1.3.7.2? Nothing in the Beta section. Why isn't the HS release and update mechanism being properly used?

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Found the link to the updater_override.txt file which gave me 1.4.0.0. Talk about going edge to edge. Installed 1.4.0.0 but still no joy.

Can someone tell me where the scene/profile data is stored so I can try deleting everything and starting over with 1.4.0.0?

Thanks,
    Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Turns out that I can get rid of the hang if I delete the scene device I was trying to create. Looks like this PI might have trouble adding certain devices to a profile. I was trying to add the device "Smart Bulb colour_data" to set the color of a bulb in a profile.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        Turns out that I can get rid of the hang if I delete the scene device I was trying to create. Looks like this PI might have trouble adding certain devices to a profile. I was trying to add the device "Smart Bulb colour_data" to set the color of a bulb in a profile.
        The scene data is indeed stored in the device, I have never heard a report of such a hang. Is there any exception file in your HS directory?

Comment

Hi Bill,

No exception file in the HS directory. Is there anyway I can dump all of the data from the device itself so you can see what might be going on?

Thanks,
          Ken

Comment

Hi Bill,

No exception file in the HS directory. Is there anyway I can dump all of the data from the device itself so you can see what might be going on?

Thanks,
            Ken
            No, unfortunately I don't know a way to do that with the HS tools. Ill see if I can come up with something. Can you reproduce it?
            Thanks
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

No, unfortunately I don't know a way to do that with the HS tools. Ill see if I can come up with something. Can you reproduce it?
              Thanks
              Bill
              Hi Bill,

Yes, I can reproduce it at will. Since I know how to get out of it now I can do it without having to restart HS every time.

Can you tell me where you are storing the data in the device? I haven't done much development with HS for a number of years but I might be able to help.

Ken

Comment

Hi Bill,

Yes, I can reproduce it at will. Since I know how to get out of it now I can do it without having to restart HS every time.

Can you tell me where you are storing the data in the device? I haven't done much development with HS for a number of years but I might be able to help.

Ken
                Its in the extended at a objects for the device (part of the device API HS provides). Can you walk me through the steps to recreate?
                Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

Disclaimer: It may be unfair what I'm doing since I'm trying to add a device from the beta Tuya plugin.

1. Select Plug-Ins->Manage and Enable the plugin.
                  2. Refresh the page so SceneMast shows up in the Plug-Ins pulldown menu.
                  3. Select Plug-Ins->SceneMaster->SceneMaster Scene Config
                  4. Click on "Add New Scene", name it "Test", and click "Add New Scene".
                  5. Leave everything at defaults
                  6. Click "Select Scene Members" and select a "colour_data" device for a Tuya bulb.
                  7. Click out of the selection menu and get "Please Wait" for a really long time (3-5 mins)
                  8. Select Plug-Ins->Manage
                  9. Select Plug-Ins->SceneMaster->SceneMaster Scene Config
                  10. Hangs

Comment

Hi Bill,

Disclaimer: It may be unfair what I'm doing since I'm trying to add a device from the beta Tuya plugin.

1. Select Plug-Ins->Manage and Enable the plugin.
                    2. Refresh the page so SceneMast shows up in the Plug-Ins pulldown menu.
                    3. Select Plug-Ins->SceneMaster->SceneMaster Scene Config
                    4. Click on "Add New Scene", name it "Test", and click "Add New Scene".
                    5. Leave everything at defaults
                    6. Click "Select Scene Members" and select a "colour_data" device for a Tuya bulb.
                    7. Click out of the selection menu and get "Please Wait" for a really long time (3-5 mins)
                    8. Select Plug-Ins->Manage
                    9. Select Plug-Ins->SceneMaster->SceneMaster Scene Config
                    10. Hangs
                    Thanks, I will try to reproduce this tomorrow and see what is going on. The step by step directions are extremely helpful!
                    Bill

Comment

Ken,

First off, thank you again for the step by step directions. If you update from http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt this will move you to an update with the fix.

The issue wasn't directly Tuya related, the issue was SceneMaster has traditionally used the device status as a drop down item. There was a bug where things like door locks which had separate but overlapping command and control items (one had a command of Unlock and a status of Unlocked) didn't provide any control. In adding that I allowed ranges to go into the drop down list, but did not limited it. So on the control control there are 0-16m combinations, so the system wanted to put every numeric value in the drop down. Ran out of memory and then likely HS restarted it. Hence the behavior you saw.

Today there isn't a good way to handle a device with such a large range of values (I may need an option where one can put a specific value in). I did however make a change that if there is a control available who's value does overlap a status (and we didn't already find any 'both' type controls to us), then I will allow that control in So you should see in this update all the default colors (which are from the HTML spec) should be available. If you need a custom color outside of these ~130 colors, I don't today have a solution for that.

Best,
                      Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

I'll test it out and let you know soon.

Thanks,
                        Ken

Comment

Hi Bill,

I'll test it out and let you know soon.

Thanks,
                          Ken
                          Well, soon was longer than expected but I finally got some free time to test this out. Much Better. I can live with the ~130 colors.

I did get an error message in the log when I first started the updated plugin.
                          Nov-12 4:20:36 PM Error PluginFunction GetDeviceInfoCache does not exist in this plugin
                          I now have a scene that has 3x bulbs in it with led_switch, colour_data, and work_mode for each bulb.

Now to go off and build a bunch of profiles to test it out fully.

Getting close to purchasing this plugin.

Thanks,
                          Ken

Comment

Kenm, do you have the released version of SceneMaster installed perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                              Kenm, do you have the released version of SceneMaster installed perchance?
                              Currently I have 1.4.1.0. I started out with 1.2.2.0 from the updater and then found the 1.4.0.0 beta link.

Is there anything I need to clean up from the old versions?

Thanks,
                              Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X