Error when Enabling plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when Enabling plugin

Getting an error when trying to Enable the plug-in. No errors in the log but get this on the plug-in manage page...

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SceneMaster - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Can you try to disable/enable the plug-in?

If that does not work, try to enable developer mode, and look at the HS machine when enabling to see if any error message appears when it is started.

What OS/Platform/HS version are you using?

-Mike

Comment

Disabling and Enabling was the first thing I did.
      Rebooted, still same message.

Turned on Developer mode..same outcome. This is all that shows up in the log.

Oct-12 9:58:15 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SceneMaster
      Oct-12 9:58:04 PM Plug-In Interface SceneMaster is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Sorry for the trouble.

Can you put the attached updater override in the HS3 dir, and update to the debug version; maybe this can help to show the issue.

Can you also check to see if there is any logfile in HSDIR\Data\hspi_scenemaster\log?

Thanks,
        Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

I woke up this morning to an error on the screen. I've attached the picture below.

I then installed the test version and unfortunately I see no difference. The only thing in the log (with developer mode on) is:

Oct-13 6:55:24 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SceneMaster

edit: within 5 minutes of installing the test, I got that same error box pop up on the screen. Also, the log file exists but is is empty, no data.
          Attached Files
          Bryan

Comment

Thanks for that screenshot - I think it should now be fixed - give it a try and let me know.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikemack View Post
              Thanks for that screenshot - I think it should now be fixed - give it a try and let me know.

-Mike
              Fixed! Thanks, looking forward to playing around with this.
              Bryan

Comment

Trial activation Error

Greetings,

Having the same issue with activating the plugin. I think it's related to be trying it for a day or so when I first installed HS3 back in 2016. In any case, cleaned out the old scenemaster folder and tried the update over-ride, then update process as outlined earlier, but no joy. Still getting the "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SceneMaster - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Since you've now taken over the development of the plug-in, would love to have another go with it and happy to beta test when you're ready.

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Matt

Comment

Hi Matt. I believe that issue comes from HomeSeer itself, when you first activate a plugin it gets put into a database, and then you have 30 days to try it. Unfortunately that seems to be 30 calendar days, not 30 days of the plugin having had run. I don't know of any way to reset that (and I doubt HS would be happy if anyone did).

When the beta version is available it would let you run the beta (the internal name used to identify the plugin to HS is different, I add Dbg to the end of it). The downside to this approach is that data saved by the beta version has to be recreated for the release version (albeit, this is much safer especially since I've made a number of changes and want to be very careful with existing configurations).

Ill post in the forum, Im still working out with HS how to get something into the beta updater vs the main one.

Comment

Great, thanks! I never got very far so I don't have any configuration to lose, so I'll be the equivalent of a new user. Finally have come to a point, where I think this will simplify my life, so looking forward to whenever you're ready to push out your work in progress.

Cheers, Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X