This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find new lightbulbs with CPS Tuya

I have just bought several new lightbulbs with Tuya, but they don't appear on my Device list.
    They are found using smartlink, but not in the devicelist in CPS Tuya or in the device list in Homeseer.
    I have several lamps of the same kind, installed several months ago, and they work ok. (I can't adjust all paramters, but they work..)

Any good idea of what to do?
    I was hoping to be able to use the last 12 lamps I just bought :-)

This plugin does not use the same account as the smart life app. You need to create an account within the plugin and link the bulbs to that account.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      This plugin does not use the same account as the smart life app. You need to create an account within the plugin and link the bulbs to that account.
      I am only using the plugin, not the app.

Comment

Just to make sure I understand. You are trying to use the CPS Tuya plugin for these bulbs? You are posting in the CPS Tags sub-forum, that's why I'm checking. When you say they are found by Smarklink, you mean they are found during the linking process using the plugin? If that's the case, try stopping and then restarting the plugin and see what the log messages have to say. You should see some messages about syncing the account and updating the HS devices. It's been a while since I've actively used this plugin, but I recall that's pretty close to what the messages say.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
          Just to make sure I understand. You are trying to use the CPS Tuya plugin for these bulbs? You are posting in the CPS Tags sub-forum, that's why I'm checking. When you say they are found by Smarklink, you mean they are found during the linking process using the plugin? If that's the case, try stopping and then restarting the plugin and see what the log messages have to say. You should see some messages about syncing the account and updating the HS devices. It's been a while since I've actively used this plugin, but I recall that's pretty close to what the messages say.
          You asume correct. I am using the CPS Plugin for Homeseer HS3. I have 18 "old" lightbulbs already working fine.
          When I use the Smartlink-function to add a new bulb, it seem fine. Device registration is successful. But there are no new devices. Only the original 18 lightbulbs.
          But there might be some information in the log file.. Here it what is says:

Cps Tuya Starting monitoring for all validated accounts
          Cps Tuya 1.6.0.0 startup complete
          Cps Tuya ManageDevices starting for account XXXX@gmail.com
          Cps Tuya UserLogin XXXX@gmail.com success
          Cps Tuya Starting Network Listener
          Cps Tuya Initial ManageDevices synchronization delay
          Cps Tuya Error XXXX@gmail.com
          Cps Tuya Synchronization for XXXX@gmail.com adding 6 devices
          Cps Tuya Synchronization complete for account XXXX@gmail.com. Total HomeSeer devices 180 Root Tuya devices 18
          Cps Tuya Initial Synchronization start
          Cps Tuya Synchronization for XXXX@gmail.com adding 6 devices
          Cps Tuya Initial Synchronization complete 24 devices. Cloud only 6 Local Only 0 Syncronization Count 2

After this, it is repeating itself. Adding 6 devices, Error about the email..
          But since is says that login is a success, I haven't concidered this to be the problem.

Comment

Considering there are 6 errors when adding 6 devices I think those error messages are significant.

this line "Cps Tuya Initial Synchronization complete 24 devices. Cloud only 6 Local Only 0 Syncronization Count 2" is interesting as well. It shows 24 devices. You have 18 working and 6 non-working devices and it shows 6 devices as "Cloud Only" and 0 as "Local Only". I think you'll need to get the developer to look into this.

Comment

Does the info on your SmartLink tab in the plugins config at look correct?

Also ensure your HS server is on the same WIFI network that your devices are on or they will not add properly.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Does the info on your SmartLink tab in the plugins config at look correct?

Also ensure your HS server is on the same WIFI network that your devices are on or they will not add properly.
                Yes. Everything appear just as normal. The search for new units works just like normal.

Comment

Working...
                X