Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device History Crash

Hi shill

Over the last couple days HS3 has crashed once and my whole windows 10 machine has locked up once. It has been solid for quite some time until now. I recently updated the Device History PI and installed the Weathflow PI. Windows Event viewer is not giving me much to go on, but I do see these around the time of the lockup, Not sure if this (part of) the cause, or just a symptom of something else which is not appearing the in the log, so I wanted to post them and ask if they mean anything to you? Thanks!

-mda

Application: HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.Main.Main()

------

Faulting application name: HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe, version: 1.3.4.3, time stamp: 0x5bc6889d
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x02553e47
    Faulting process id: 0x4058
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d476cdd145a9f5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 498a379d-ed67-44b6-8f94-5871906879b7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

------

My system info is:

Current Date/Time: 11/21/2018 8:10:58 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 1 Hour 38 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.141
    Number of Devices: 698
    Number of Events: 454
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 3
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.22: Autelis
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    3.0.29.0: BLGData
    2.0.27.0: BLOccupied
    1.3.4.3: Device History
    3.0.0.29: Ecobee
    5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    1.2018.717.1011: MyQ
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.1.125: PHLocation
    0.0.0.44: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.7: Restart
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.1.0.26: Sonos
    3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
    3.0.0.38: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.8: WeatherFlow
    3.0.0.88: weatherXML
    3.0.1.245: Z-Wave

Sorry to hear about the crash - I hope it was a one time thing and isn't happening on a regular basis (although in some ways that would be easier to troubleshoot!).

That error doesn't mean much to me, but it is entirely possible that the crash in HS triggered that exception in the plugin (or vice versa). I'd really need the plugin log to see if it recorded anything, but it's possible it didn't (based on that exception code). The next thing to look at would be the HS log at the time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Sorry to hear about the crash - I hope it was a one time thing and isn't happening on a regular basis (although in some ways that would be easier to troubleshoot!).

That error doesn't mean much to me, but it is entirely possible that the crash in HS triggered that exception in the plugin (or vice versa). I'd really need the plugin log to see if it recorded anything, but it's possible it didn't (based on that exception code). The next thing to look at would be the HS log at the time as well.
      Thanks. So far it happened on Tuesday and Yesterday. There was nothing in the HS3 log from Device History either time and there was no plug in log (was set to Warn).

I have now set plug in log to Debug and clicked "Clean Database" in case it is useful in any way to eliminate any problem data. If it happens again I will hopefully have a log to send you so we can perhaps see if Device History is a victim or cause

Thanks!

Comment

So far no more crashes... perhaps the trick is to turn debugging on everywhere?

I’ll report back if it happens again. Thanks.

Comment

Isn't that always the case? Gotta love the "observer effect" in debugging!

Comment

Working...
          X