Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error executing action (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting a lot of the error:-

and
    Device Location/Name lookup failed for device 335: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

How can I stop this? I don't seem to have a device of that refernce, and looking on your config file there is no reference to 335

Thanks

I'm guessing it was an older device that you have since deleted that was once configured for monitoring so it's in the database. If you use the "Clean Database" feature on the options page, it will get rid of those records and should prevent that message from reoccurring.

Comment

Unfortunately this doesn't work - I have already tried this (In fact I've just done it again)

I also did a rebuild index, and also even tried purging the data down to 1 day (Which I didn't really want to do but was a last resort - its back at 365 now)

As you can see from the Device History logs attached, you can see I try a clean database and a reindex, but still get devices erroring.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 08.16.10.png
Views:	126
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	1316141

Comment

Hmmm... can you go ahead and follow the instructions in the "Having problems? Follow these steps first" thread so I can get a look at a proper log file? That will tell me exactly where this is happening. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head would be an event that references a Device History action or condition that pointed to a device that no longer exists, but I'll know for sure with that TRACE plugin log file.

Comment

I figured it out thanks. I looked through all my events to see if any of them create device history graphs. Found a couple with errors due to device missing.

Fixed the events and the errors went away. With so many events, I wish Homeseer had a better level of filtering events.

Comment

I use jon00EventViewer to check for broken events after I make any major changes to devices. Highly recommend that tool for digging through your events!

Comment

Working...
            X