Error with trace file settings - Device History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with trace file settings - Device History

I was working in trying to capture an intermittent issue that I was having and discovered this problem in the Device History Plugin.

When the "Plugin Log messages level" is set to Trace and I start HS3.exe the Device History Plugin Status on the manage plugins page will cycle between:
    INFO: Plugin starting up and CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected.
    No data is written to the plugin log file and the plugin never starts.

So I played with different settings and found that log levels of Info, Debug and Trace (didn't try any others) all work correctly for both "Homeseer log message level" and "Plugin log message level" if the plugin is already running and I set the log level using the Device History Configuration page. After setting the levels the appropriate data is written to either/both log files depending on the settings.

I can start HS3.exe with "Homeseer log message level" set to Trace and it works ok as long as the "Plugin log message level" is set to Info or Debug. Whenever the "Plugin log message level" is set to Trace and I start HS3.exe I get the errors.

I was able to set both log levels to Trace, start HS3.exe and capture the attached information from the Homeseer log file. Nothing was written to the Plugin log file.

Homeseer version - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows 10 pro 64 bit)
    Plugin Version - 1.3.7.3

Not a big issue at this point since I can set it to trace on the manage page after startup and edit the .ini file to turn it back to info if needed, but MS patch Tuesday and auto reboots have caused me some issues the past few months.

HS Device History Log extract.txt

Thanks
    John
Working...
X