Device history missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device history missing

Everything was working fine. Then suddenly the months-long history was mostly unavailable!

Current version is 1.4.0.0 When I check the 1.4.0.4 update I get a message saying

Error saving the downloaded file: error

How can I move forward and hopefully recover all my saved data?

Thanks.

Me too. A few days ago, poof went all my history out of nowhere!

And, it doesn't look like it is logging any new data. Haven't changed anything. Updated to 1.4.0.4, too, and it didn't fix it.

Comment

First off, check your HS3\Data\skWare\DeviceHistory directory and make sure the file is there and of sufficient size (or if there are backup copies, that it's roughly the same or bigger than older backups. If so, make sure you have a recent backup! As with any running program, it's possible for the database to be corrupted if the computer or the plugin is shut down incorrectly or unexpectedly - I certainly hope that's not the case here!

As far as a failure while downloading the update file, that's inside HS before it gets to my plugin; the most common cause of failure to update any plugin is forgetting to stop the plugin before attempting to "Download and Install" the new one(s).

If you're having trouble, please see this thread: Having problems? Follow these steps first.

Comment

Thanks shill. My computer did shut down during a power loss in an ice storm. Checked the integrity of the DB, and it was, indeed, malformed. DB Browser wouldn't even open it. So, I deleted it (and its backups) in hopes that DeviceHistory will rebuild it.

Comment

In case it doesn't (I can't recall the logic off the top of my head). here's a blank one.
          Attached Files

Comment

It did create a new one, but it is still not logging. It shows current values, but no historical ones. the db3 is not getting larger in size, either. So, I will use this and also delete and reinstall the plugin to see what works best. Thanks!

Comment

Just to wrap this up, the new database that DeviceHistory created when it didn't find one (after I deleted it) was a 0KB, empty file. Putting your attached blank one in, though, has now fixed the problem without me having to reinstall.

Comment

Glad to hear that. If you still have the corrupt database files, you could try some of the suggestions in this thread to get the data back.

Comment

Working...
                X