This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Device History: A Monitored Device..." trigger not working

Plug-in looks great so far. Very professional!

I can't get triggers to work. I select "Device Ref/Code to store log file data" as a trigger when when I go to select a device, it just flashes the selection as it closes the dropdown and shows blank on the dropdown. Tried restarting HS of course. Not sure what else to do. I just downloaded today and it presumably the latest version. I have the latest version of HS.

Thanks.

I'll need to look into it, but to set expectations, I'm currently way behind on several things so it might take me a little while to get around to this one.

Comment

I'm seeing this same issue for the Event triggers. If I select Device History - A Monitored device, I can't select any device. When I make a selection the dropdown flashes and the selection goes back to blank.

Comment

Was there ever an update to this? i just installed the plugin and literally everything works except conditions.
        graphs and history are great, but i set a standard condition to check temperature on a sensor IF its over 70*, and when i try to add a second AND IF condition using the device history i don't get a dropdown box to select any devices.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201031-201032~2.png
Views:	239
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1430204

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
          I'm seeing this same issue for the Event triggers. If I select Device History - A Monitored device, I can't select any device. When I make a selection the dropdown flashes and the selection goes back to blank.
          +1. I'm running v. 1.4.1.0, so I guess this issue has been around awhile.

Comment

Jeff492 and Ole Martin , mentioning you here for ongoing discussion of this issue.

From their thread (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...as#post1429548), I have not figured this out. There's something fundamentally wrong because HS isn't firing the event it's supposed to back to my plugin, and I can't figure that out, nor has I gotten any solutions in the plugin author's forum.

I'll push HST via email this week for some assistance.

For those interested, if I run their sample program with a trigger, it works. When I copy/paste their trigger code into my plugin, the same behavior exsists: the postback method in my plugin is never called by HS when you select an item. (And for those of you on HS4, even their sample HS3 program doesn't work right in that version, so your issue may be different if you're on HS4.)

Comment

So I downloaded and installed the new version 3.1.1.0 as I am still (barely) within the 30 day free trial and the functions in Events still do not work. I do now get a dropdown to select the device, but it does not stay selected and become part of the event.
              reference my earlier post image and you see there is no selection box, but see below, now there is:

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	196
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1435768
              But, when I open the dropdown and select one of the devices for event history in the event, the box returns to a blank state.

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	181
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1435769

so there has been a partial fix (at least in my case) but still not usable in events.

Comment

Behind the scenes, Homeseer is supposed to trigger a postback event in plugins when someone chooses something in the UI, which tells me what you clicked on so I can save it and move on. For some reason, that never happens. I've been unable to get any response from HST on this issue, and there's absolutely no way for me to troubleshoot it. So until HST replies to me, that feature will remain non-functional. I may simply have to remove it from the product, since it's really just a "nice to have", not part of the basic functionality of the plugin.

Comment

Gotcha (I think) .... ok, well I will test out a few other things, and hopefully they will get back to you and you can fix the "nice to have" part of it.

thanks for the response.

Comment

Finally wrestled this one to the ground... 3.1.3.0 has been submitted. Should show up in the updater Monday.

Comment

only problem is now the demo is long expired and I can't test the fix without buying it first.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerL View Post
                        only problem is now the demo is long expired and I can't test the fix without buying it first.
                        Just email HS support and ask for an extension to the trial. They are very accommodating.

Comment

Marking this closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X