Update failure: 1.0.10.0 --> 3.1.1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update failure: 1.0.10.0 --> 3.1.1.0

I'm trying to update Device History, and am getting this error.
    Dec-11 12:33:17 PM Device History Failed to setup database connection and commands: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Dec-11 12:33:17 PM Device History Upgrading from 1.0.10.0 to 3.1.1.0
    Dec-11 12:33:17 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Device History
    Homeseer version is 3.0.0.297 (Linux). Running this on an Homeseer SEL box. Version 1.0.10.0 was working without problems.

I don't know how to turn file logging to Trace on, but can provide that information if instructions are provided.

Instructions on configuring logging are on page 5 of the documentation. But that will only help if you're able to get the plugin running. Otherwise you'd need to manually edit the HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.ini file on your SEL box and change LogLevelFile to 6 before starting the plugin again.

I'll be honest, though: because there have been 34 releases in the 4+ years since 1.0.10.0 was current, there is a strong possibility that it's not possible to go straight from that old version to the latest and greatest. I know I certainly haven't tried anything like that. If I were in your shoes, I would save a copy of your database, delete everything associated with the plugin (config file, exe, database, etc.) and install 3.1.1.0 as a new plugin.

If you want to keep your old history intact, you should be able to export the data from your old database and import it into the new one. That could easily be done with scripts or using SQLite database applications, or I'd even be happy to handle that migration for you if you can send me the old one and your new one, but you'll have to leave the plugin turned off during the migration process, since I'll be sending you back a database file to put on your server, so anything it captures in the interim would be lost.

Comment

That would be fine. The problem with the SEL box is that there is no root authorization to the directory. I figured I'd try to just delete the Device History database files, but that doesn't work -- I don't have write access to the files.

Is there anyway to force Device History when installing to delete the database files? I think that's the only way i'm going to be able to get it to work.

Comment

Got it to work! I figured out how to get root access, and went in and deleted the config file and the databases. When I restarted the plug-in it all came up and is working.

Comment

Glad to hear that!

Comment

Working...
          X