Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbers instead of Text

Hello!

Since HS managed to chase away KingFetty by supplanting his paid MyQ plugin with a free HS4 MyQ plugin, and HS 4.2.0 seems to have broken said paid plugin, I have had to move over to the HS version. Now, for some reason, this free plugin does not automatically log when the garage door is opened and closed, only when it is controlled to do so by HS.

"No problem," I thought, "I'll use shill's excellent Device History plugin to track when the door is opened and for how long! I can even get rid of my dummy 'previous' device for alerting me when the door re-opens itself while it's closing. Perfect!" (In case someone parks too close to the track and it runs back up automatically after hitting the bumper)

Now, I don't know if it's because everything else I've used the plugin with was an existing HS3 device when I upgraded to HS4, or what... but when I look at the Device History Chart for the new Garage Door device, it's showing me values of 1, 2, 3, and 4, instead of the far more useful Open, Closed, Opening, Closing. (Like my motion sensors for instance say Motion / No Motion).

Is there a setting I have missed somewhere, or is this just general HS4 newness and I just have to live with it until the HS4 version of the plugin is ready? (I do understand there may be some HS4 bugs in the way of getting that finished)

Thanks!

It all comes down to how the status pairs are configured. Grab a screenshot and I can point out where you need to configure things on the features to get out to update correctly in my plugin.

Comment

Here is the Status/Graphics for the Garage Door Door Status device created by the HS4 MyQ plugin. It's arguably a little bit different from devices that already existed back in HS3. I haven't modified anything on this device yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Status Graphics.png
Views:	139
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	1495397

Of course, looking at it again, I realize that this device doesn't have the Device History button at the top, despite it being available in the monitored devices page of the plugin. Also, the motion sensors list Status with the controls and have a control/status column, as well as it being editable, where the Garage door does not. I can go back into the HS3 device management and add items to the top section... it feels like HS changed something relatively major between HS3 and HS4 with regard to controls / status / graphics.

Name:	Motion Status Graphics.png
Views:	88
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	1495398

(Edited to include top bar and Motion sensor device for comparison)
      Thank you!

Comment

Interesting. That's not what I expected to see so I'll have to look into this a bit more and get back to you.

Comment

Yes, it is definitely very odd to me as well. I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

So, for the moment I have worked around this by editing the garage door Status Graphics in an HS3 Device Utility tab, manually adding status-only text for each number. Conveniently, the Device History labels now show the name all the way back to the beginning. Not sure if it will persist through a reboot or an update of the HS4 MyQ plugin, but it's working for now...

If you do find something and I need to go back, it's easy enough to delete the status-only text lines.

Name:	HS3 Status Text.png
Views:	129
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1497750

Comment

Working...
            X