Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to adjust the range of the Y Axis independent of the data values? For example, a room temperature might change between 68 and 72 F but I would like the Y axis to be from 50 to 80 F so that the line graph appears to be flatter and compressed.

Comment

You can do it with scripting and the CreateChartEx function (or via querystring parameters using the same JSON structure), but not with the UI at this point. I have a dedicated aspx page in my system that shows the thermostat settings (temp, setpoint, outside temp) for the last 7 days for all 3 floors, and an event that runs every night that just has a bunch of "run a script command" actions to generate the charts.

Comment

Just bought this plugin and looks great! Have on request that should be easy to fix. When adding/picking devices the window is not sizable so the device name do NOT fit in the window so the only way (I know of) to add them is to add all of them and then remove the devices you don't want from the "Monitored Devices" screen. Thanks again for the Plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by muckmuck View Post
          Just bought this plugin and looks great! Have on request that should be easy to fix. When adding/picking devices the window is not sizable so the device name do NOT fit in the window so the only way (I know of) to add them is to add all of them and then remove the devices you don't want from the "Monitored Devices" screen. Thanks again for the Plug-in.
          I just tested this on my system and it automatically resized the lists on each size based on the widest device name in the list. How many characters are you dealing with? What operating system are you on (the controls HomeSeer provides sometimes behave differently on Linux/Unix systems than they do on Windows)?

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 (Linux), Latest Firefox browser running on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. 2736x1842 display resolution. The longest device might be 40-50 characters? I also have a PC with 4k monitor. I will see if it does the same think on it later. I will also try a different browser.

Comment

When I'm going pick what devices to monitor, I choose the location and click "Pick devices".

The list of devices per location can be VERY long. I'm not sure how this list is ordered, but it's not alphabetically.

Is it possible to list this alphabetically?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but It's hard to find the correct device when the sorting seems arbitrary.

Originally posted by shill

I should be able to make that happen. It's probably sorted by the internal device reference code by default.
              Originally posted by Moskus

Names should be set by "location2" + ", " + location + ", " + name and sorted alphabetically....
              Originally posted by lasseruud
              I agree with Moskus .

Any idea on when we can expect an update?
              Originally posted by shill

Sort of

Names should be set by (if location 2 is used and location 1 first = false then location 2 + " " else "") + (if location 2 is used and location 1 first = true then location 2 else location 1) + " " + name

But in this case, you choose the "first" location (whether 1 or 2, depending on the rules above) then you get a dialog with the remaining location (if any) and device name. That dialog wasn't getting a sortedlist once I whittled it down to only the ones in the selected "first" location and that weren't already in the list.

SH: ----------------------------------------------
              Fixed in 1.4.0
              Last edited by shill; November 2, 2019, 08:06 AM. Reason: Consolidating posts on this completed request

Comment

Feature request: can you make it a bit easier to add multiple devices as Monitored Devices? Currently the "Select New Devices to Monitor" dialog doesn't support multiple selection on the left side, so we have to select one and then hit "->" and repeat this for each and every device, which is quite annoying once you have a few hundreds of them.

Comment

First, I want to say I absolutely love this plugin. Makes it so easy to track my devices status and history to find bugs in my events, and to ensure they are working correctly. One feature I'd love to see is a totalizer on the right in the history chart. For example I have a dimmer, and it shows the on time for each percentage. While that's nice, I'd love to see a total of how long the light has been on at any value (or NOT been off). Right now I'm using this plugin to figure out which lights in the house are left on the most without someone in the room, so I can add timers/motion sensors to automatically turn off lights. Most of my lights are dimmers, and it would be nice to have a total time left on, in addition to the individual rows with each percentage the light was set at.

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
                    First, I want to say I absolutely love this plugin. Makes it so easy to track my devices status and history to find bugs in my events, and to ensure they are working correctly. One feature I'd love to see is a totalizer on the right in the history chart. For example I have a dimmer, and it shows the on time for each percentage. While that's nice, I'd love to see a total of how long the light has been on at any value (or NOT been off). Right now I'm using this plugin to figure out which lights in the house are left on the most without someone in the room, so I can add timers/motion sensors to automatically turn off lights. Most of my lights are dimmers, and it would be nice to have a total time left on, in addition to the individual rows with each percentage the light was set at.
                    Thanks! I've got an idea on this where I can do "Total On" and "Total Off" rows IF the device attributes say it can support Dimming and IF the "Control Use" properties are set accordingly (at least 1 Dim, at least 1 On, and at least 1 Off). Otherwise I wouldn't know which ones to count as on vs. dim, since different types of devices can use different values for those things (most are 0-100, but a lot of Zwave devices do 0 to 99, 100, and 254, and I'm sure there are other edge cases out there).

Comment

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to view the entire chart on the "device history" tab under all the individual devices (i.e. include all the information that's included when running the chart from the plugin, not just the graph part).

Added in 1.4.0

Comment

Feature request: two additional Chart Styles
                        - Column — when displaying the history of on/off devices (for example of a light on/off) it be easier to read if the on time would be displayed as column chart (color filled column) rather than Step
                        - Spline Line — for some data I charted, a Spline Line rather than Lines between points would make it look better to show the trend over time

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          Feature request: two additional Chart Styles
                          - Column — when displaying the history of on/off devices (for example of a light on/off) it be easier to read if the on time would be displayed as column chart (color filled column) rather than Step
                          - Spline Line — for some data I charted, a Spline Line rather than Lines between points would make it look better to show the trend over time
                          I'll see what the chart control I'm using supports as far as the Spline line. Columns is harder since the X axis is always time (not duration). There is another outstanding request to show totals for "on" and "off", though, which I've not yet tackled but have some ideas on. Whether that gets represented as a chart or not is an interesting thought, though... now I have some new ideas for how to revamp the UI!

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

I'll see what the chart control I'm using supports as far as the Spline line. Columns is harder since the X axis is always time (not duration). There is another outstanding request to show totals for "on" and "off", though, which I've not yet tackled but have some ideas on. Whether that gets represented as a chart or not is an interesting thought, though... now I have some new ideas for how to revamp the UI!
                            Regarding column display for light on/off, I was still looking to using time on X axis for my purpose and not duration (and compare/contrast on/off to other charts from other devices where X is time with same period for analysis).

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

In case you are looking for charting packages, jqPlot (http://www.jqplot.com/examples/) and Dygraphs (http://dygraphs.com/gallery/#g/drawing) are interesting. I am using the Dygraphs in one of the plugin and played with jqPlot a while back.

Comment

I have looked through the documentation, and maybe I have missed it... is there a Plugin Function to get the last x values for a recorded device?

I have used GetRangeStats but that returns min/max/avg; GetLastValue only returns the last value for the device.

I would like to get the last x values, perhaps returned in a pipe-delimited list (as the GetRangeStats function does).

Is there an existing function like this? If not, I humbly submit a feature request for it

SH: -----------------------------------------
                                Added in 1.4.0
                                SH: -----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X