Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME PLUGIN!!! I am really enjoying it so far.

It would be nice have the option to run some compression and exception logic on data sets to limit their size. Temperature can records dozens of points as it transitions between values. I would be happy to help with the implementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdH7dYTN7gM

Comment

Originally posted by Bohlebe1 View Post
      AWESOME PLUGIN!!! I am really enjoying it so far.

It would be nice have the option to run some compression and exception logic on data sets to limit their size. Temperature can records dozens of points as it transitions between values. I would be happy to help with the implementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdH7dYTN7gM
      Very interesting. I had a similar conversation on this topic a while back but hadn't given it much more thought. That explanation was pretty useful in terms of concept - thanks for the link! I'm envisioning some settings for "run compression and exception logic on records older than X days" and "keep values with more than X difference" (need to work on the wording here so ti's both mathematically accurate and accessible to users)...

Set all that up as an action for an event and you can schedule overnight/weekly jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        "keep values with more than X difference"
        I agree, it's necessary for temperature devices to minimise number of stored values. Could be called "minimum change" or just "threshold".

Comment

shill I am trying to monitor some of the devices created by simplex's Life360 plug in (such as Address 1, Google Maps Link) so i can keep a history of everywhere my iPhone has been (in case i lose it and need to see where it has been more than 24 hours later, after Apple's servers purge its location from Apple's Find My app)

The Life360 plugin only updates the String for those HS3 devices, and it seems that the Device History PI is only monitoring the Value field for changes.

Would it be possible to also monitor and store changes to a Device String? (perhaps as an option per device)

Thanks!

-mda

SH: ----------------------------------------------
          Added in 1.4.0
          SH: ----------------------------------------------

Comment

The ability to change the axis values to only show some device values... a sort of "tick mark" setting where you can set it to be 1, 10, 100, etc. Right now I am seeing the following on my y-axis. I have gone through all the documentation to fix it. Maybe I am missing something? Click image for larger version

Name:	devicehistory.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1357645
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, I may have missed it, but is there any way to change the line color, I am trying to set all black background but the line color is dark blue and hardly visible, would like to change it to yellow or some other light color.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
                Hi all, I may have missed it, but is there any way to change the line color, I am trying to set all black background but the line color is dark blue and hardly visible, would like to change it to yellow or some other light color.
                If you're creating in HSTouch, for example, there are options for the various background and line colors. I haven't fiddled with this in a long time, and I don't have access to the documentation right now, but here's an excerpt:

<Text>&lt;img src='http://192.168.1.6/[$SCRIPT=&amp;nhs.PluginFunction("Device History", "", "CreateChartEx", New Object() {"126","{'NameSuffix':'', 'DurationType':2, 'PeriodType':1, 'Periods':48, 'Style':2, 'ShowTitle':true, 'UseMarkers':false, 'Height':240, 'Width':320, 'DisplayHeight':240, 'DisplayWidth':320, 'FontSize':10, 'LineWidth':1, 'Title':'Outside Temp', 'Y1Label':'', 'Y2Label':'', 'XLabel':'Date/Time', 'ShowLegend':true, 'ValueType':1, 'TransparentBG':false, 'ImageBGColor':'White', 'ChartBGColor':'WhiteSmoke', 'AxisLineColor':'DimGray', 'TickMarkColor':'Gray', 'GridLineColor':'Gainsboro', 'TextColor':'Black', 'Y1AxisMin':'Auto', 'Y1AxisMax':'Auto', 'Y2AxisMin':'Auto', 'Y2AxisMax':'Auto'}", "", ""})]' /&gt;
                </Text>

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post

If you're creating in HSTouch, for example, there are options for the various background and line colors. I haven't fiddled with this in a long time, and I don't have access to the documentation right now, but here's an excerpt:

<Text>&lt;img src='http://192.168.1.6/[$SCRIPT=&amp;nhs.PluginFunction("Device History", "", "CreateChartEx", New Object() {"126","{'NameSuffix':'', 'DurationType':2, 'PeriodType':1, 'Periods':48, 'Style':2, 'ShowTitle':true, 'UseMarkers':false, 'Height':240, 'Width':320, 'DisplayHeight':240, 'DisplayWidth':320, 'FontSize':10, 'LineWidth':1, 'Title':'Outside Temp', 'Y1Label':'', 'Y2Label':'', 'XLabel':'Date/Time', 'ShowLegend':true, 'ValueType':1, 'TransparentBG':false, 'ImageBGColor':'White', 'ChartBGColor':'WhiteSmoke', 'AxisLineColor':'DimGray', 'TickMarkColor':'Gray', 'GridLineColor':'Gainsboro', 'TextColor':'Black', 'Y1AxisMin':'Auto', 'Y1AxisMax':'Auto', 'Y2AxisMin':'Auto', 'Y2AxisMax':'Auto'}", "", ""})]' /&gt;
                  </Text>
                  Thanks, I'm generating the .png using an event and instant script action, sorry i should have specified that in my original post, much like the example you provided, however none of those parameters are for the line that represents the data, only the graph axis, grid and fore/background colors etc.

Comment

Because the line colors have to be dynamic (since you can add many different items to each axis), they're pulled from an array, and not something I considered for the request. I'll think about options for the future...

Comment

Ok great thanks shill.

Comment

Thanks, I'm generating the .png using an event and instant script action, sorry i should have specified that in my original post, much like the example you provided, however none of those parameters are for the line that represents the data, only the graph axis, grid and fore/background colors etc.
                        Added Colors and Markers options to the parameters for CreateChartEx in version 3.1.1.0. Should be in the updater Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

Added Colors and Markers options to the parameters for CreateChartEx in version 3.1.1.0. Should be in the updater Monday.
                          Great thanks shill, also another feature request: Is there any chance you could add column/bar type for charts in a future version ?

eg.

Comment

Great thanks shill, also another feature request: Is there any chance you could add column/bar type for charts in a future version ?

eg.
                            That's pretty unlikely, to be honest. All my logic assumes an X axis of time and a Y axis of value. The frequency table on the chart page shows the same information, though.

Comment

Hi!

I got your plugin and it's great! However, is it possible to have a function that can sum all readings this hour, from the top of every hour to the next?

I am looking for a way to reduce peak power consumption, and need to know how much power is used within the current hour.

If I can create a device from device-history, that got a user-input kWh limit, accumulated readings from a device (Realtime Power Consumption) up to realtime, and a value that display "available average" the rest of the hour, that refresh every second, would be great.

Then its easier to forsee how much power to apply until this hour finish.

Best regards

Comment

There already a function for that, GetRanngeStats. Have a look in the documentation and let me know if you need help with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X