This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Device History database not possible

I have an Insteon device that sometimes gets a bad reading of 0. I'd like to edit the Device History db to replace this value when it occurs. I use SQLlite to edit my other sql databases, but when I try to open the Device History database, SQLlite hangs, never able to complete the open. I've tried shutting down the plugin, didn't help.

Any suggestions?
    Mike

I'm using SQLiteBrowserPortable, currently on version 3.3 (I haven't updated in a while out of laziness I guess - it's on 3.7 now) and haven't had any issues...

Did you shut down HomeSeer? Not certain you'd need to, I know I've edited mine before, but since it's a file-based db, it could have contention issues.
    Attached Files

Comment

I tried shutting down HS, still no luck.
      Attached Files
      Mike

Comment

I upgraded to 3.7 and it's still working for me. Have you tried it on another computer? I'm happy to try it on mine if you want to send me your db file, too.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I tried to open the db on multiple computers. I suppose I could try a new db, I just hate to lose my history. What procedure would I use to backup my configuration and start a new db? If it works I'll just move forward, but if not I'd like to revert to existing. Thanks.
          Mike

Comment

I just tried to open mine again, and it wouldn't! I did some research and that program has a lot of complaints. I downloaded SQLite Administrator (http://sqliteadmin.orbmu2k.de/) and it worked fine. Might give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
              I should have mentioned that I tried to open the db on multiple computers. I suppose I could try a new db, I just hate to lose my history. What procedure would I use to backup my configuration and start a new db? If it works I'll just move forward, but if not I'd like to revert to existing. Thanks.
              Did you get a chance to try and open this with a different application?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                Did you get a chance to try and open this with a different application?
                Yes, I was able to open the db with SQLite Administrator. Thanks for the followup.
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X