This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected

Just installed the plugin but can't get it to work.
    It immediately gives a "CRITICAL: Plugin has disconnected" status.

Error from log:
    Device History: Failed to setup connection: SQL logic error or missing database duplicate column name: NEW_STRING

---
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.187
    Windows 8.1

Ah - you just installed it for the first time, yes? I think I know what happened!

I was just about to release a quick update to fix one other issue, so I'll tack this one on as well. Should be available very shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      Ah - you just installed it for the first time, yes? I think I know what happened!

I was just about to release a quick update to fix one other issue, so I'll tack this one on as well. Should be available very shortly.
      Just FYI mine also had that error yesterday, during the installation of an update to another plug-in. I ended up disabling and enabling your plug-in to clear it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Just FYI mine also had that error yesterday, during the installation of an update to another plug-in. I ended up disabling and enabling your plug-in to clear it.
        Updating a different plugin caused mine to disconnect?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          Updating a different plugin caused mine to disconnect?
          Yes, I was updating a beta of another plug-in, using an updater_override.txt file. When the other plug-in disconnected yours did also, thought I have to admit I don't recall exactly what the error shown beside your plug-in said exactly. I reloaded the manage page and it was still disconnected. I disabled and enabled your plug-in and it connected fine.

This is the only time I have noticed it happening and I have been repeatedly updating betas of the other plug-in to help the author debug it.

The other plug-in I updated had a number of devices that were being tracked in device history, so that may have been the cause of the error.

I didn't look at the log at that time, and I don't recall exactly when it happened to go back to the log now.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

It's working.
            Thanks for the quick update

Comment

Comment

Definitely want to investigate that! Can you go to the Device History Config page and enable TRACE level logging on the plugin log file (not HS)? It should create a file in the Logs directory that should help me figure it out.

Comment

I'm seeing this too on every boot of HS

8/1/2015 4:34:53 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Device History Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
                    I'm seeing this too on every boot of HS

8/1/2015 4:34:53 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Device History Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.
                    Hmmm... once was an anomaly, twice isn't good!

A couple of questions for you:
                    1. Do you have the plugin log turned on?
                    2. What version are you running and is it a fresh install or did you upgrade from a previous version?

Sorry for the inconvenience on getting this going for you.

Comment

A couple of questions for you:
                      1. Do you have the plugin log turned on? No but I can
                      2. What version are you running and is it a fresh install or did you upgrade from a previous version?
                      HS3 was installed clean but there has been many updates to the software since it was installed. I did install way back when it was first released 3.0.0.194

so once HS boots I turn off the plugin and restart it, then it runs fine. this only happens during boot

Comment

attached the startup log hs log.txt

found out if you just reboot HS it is fine but if I restart the computer I get the error

it is a windows 7 ultimate system sp1
                        Attached Files

Comment

Exactly the same problem for me. Sorry I didn't have time to send my logs. The problem occurs only when I reboot the computer, but not if I just restart HS3.
                          I'm running W7 pro 32 SP1 french.

Comment

If either one of you could please turn your plugin log file to TRACE via the Device History -> Config -> Options page and send it to me, that would be a great help.

Comment

trace log attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X